Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 17 installer crash. Help :(

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone in the forum.

First post. I'm a bit desperate with archicad installation from servers to go on a trial run.

I downloaded the trial and clicked on it -> unpacked, and then -> nothing.

My laptop has windows 8.1 64bit, i5 cpu, gfx gt630m hybrid and 6gb ram. It should be enough.

Java: I have the update 51, recent, and also tried to uninstall it and just use the one that comes with archicad. Problem persists. Even with 32bit package installed as well.

Windows event log:

Faulting application name: archive.exe, version: 17.0.0.3002, time stamp: 0x51878649
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.3.9600.16502, time stamp: 0x52c35a76
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00048ecb
Faulting process id: 0x17f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf3dec0c7a58fb
Faulting application path: C:\Users\Loyd\AppData\Local\Temp\ArchiCAD 17 INT\ArchiCAD 17\archive.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 4a3f8929-a9df-11e3-8258-08606e016c50
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I was so eager to try this software but never managed to make it work. I also have eset antivirus and deactivated before installing. Also tried version 16 with same results. I also granted admin rights.

Any suggestions? Help!
13 REPLIES 13
Eduardo Rolon
from another link

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 12:50 pm Post subject: Re: I cannot download ArchiCAD 17 educational version Report suspicious content) Reply with quote
I've heard back from Csaba in tech support about this issue: The problem is with Internet Explorer 11.

Tech support advises trying again with a different browser. E.g., try Chrome, etc.

I'd try Barry's suggestion of Compatibility View first, as some other sites also report that being added to that list restores functionality.

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm using chrome and even installed safari, but the download size was still the same. With IE11 I checked the compatibility view and still got the same size.

I'm being left out of the revolution
Eduardo Rolon
I am stumped. Last try would be to download on another computer or install a download manager to rule out that the download is the problem. FWIW in one occasion somebody had to try over 5 times to get one usable file.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator