BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 19 installation problem (WIn10)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I've got a problem while installing Archicad19 on Windows 10. In fact, installation doesn't even start - it shuts down after attempt to unpack installation files.
My laptop's stats - Asus 56j, i7-4700 hq 8gb ram nvidia 760m
Yesterday I changed hard drive to SSD crucial mx300 and did a clean installation of Windows10. Before, I had the same version of Archicad installed on my old hard drive (changed due to bad sectors). Current Hard drive is clean, I have only ps6 and Sketchup make 8 installed. No java.
What I tried to do:
Changed destination folder of unpacked files,
installed newest java,
installed java recommended for archicad 19,
switched Windows Defender off (no other antivirus installed yet)
checked for unwanted Asus or Windows apps (found none),
tried to install Java while in safe mode (didn't work at all, error 1601, couldn't repair it)
Any ideas on what else can I do? I have archicad on my pc so I don't need this program desperately, but yet, it would be very useful to have it.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mayetri wrote:
installed newest java,
installed java recommended for archicad 19,
switched Windows Defender off (no other antivirus installed yet)
checked for unwanted Asus or Windows apps (found none),
tried to install Java while in safe mode (didn't work at all, error 1601, couldn't repair it)

The problem i have with ARCHICAD is the version of JAVA has to be the correct one for the installer to work.

uninstall the newer JAVA.
Only have recommended java on your computer, as i think the newest JAVA is used by default.

I remember having these problems before when installing older versions of ARCHICAD.

If you have a DVD that came with ARCHICAD, use the JAVA off that disc.

I hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your answer, but as I've written before - I installed newest Java, then I installed one recommended for Archicad 19 (and of course I uninstalled newer version before installing older one). Unfortunately it didn't work.
I'll try with installing it from DVD, if I only find it : P

Anyway, thank you very much!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I solved this problem! If someone has it in the future - after installation of Java proper for the version of archicad you use, in it's settings disable option "automatically search for updates". I guess every time I installed old version it updated to the newest immidiately and that's why I had problem installing archicad.

Thread can be closed!
Learn and get certified!