Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 21 crashes again and again during 2d drawing on elevations.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was drawing a bunch of lines on an elevation and Archicad just shutdown. When I try opening the crash file it opens but just the moment that everything is ready to continue it crashes again.
I try to open several times. If you want to know the crash Id was 2018-06-04-05-19-36-2453.
I saved my file quickly before another shutdown but how can solve this issue? I can't keep going right now. It was on going project and the problem is just came up today.
I am using MP 2015 Mid 2015 with High Sierra. My AC has educational licence.
9 REPLIES 9
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
gunes:

You can try repairing the file before opening it. Start ArchiCAD, then browse for the file. After selecting the file in the dialog box, check the "Open & Repair selected file" at the bottom if the dialog box.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hey gunes,

I don't know if this problem still persists, but if so you should try installing build 6000. I think (based on the bug ID) this might be caused by an issue that was fixed in that build.

Open the file with Open & Repair (just for safety), and right-click on the elevation to select "rebuild from model". After the rebuild, the Section/elevation should be just fine.

PS. Next time you have an urgent issue, I suggest you to contact your local support team, they should answer a lot faster.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just started to have this problem w/ Acad21, newer in last 25 years experienced such instability. Almost lost a project and now have problem with second one.
Opening-Repairing/Updating Build provides only temporary relief - problems coming back.
Crash happens at switching between floors, saving/closing GDL objects, changing/closing surfaces dialog box - it's DISASTER.
Was able to work around it multiplying files, but there is more and more instability. Will try going back to 19th, but it's bad..., This needs to be FIXED!!! (And quickly).
Barry Kelly
krysmark wrote:
This needs to be FIXED!!! (And quickly).
Make sure you send of the bug reports and follow up by contacting your local distributor.

Have you installed the latest update - build 6013.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
The pattern of crashes is erratic - and in extremes, it happens also at the opening of the of affected file.
It doesn't happens to all the files, but some older files are suddenly crashing at the first opening.
None of the proposed solutions are really effective, I spent 4-5 hours last Sunday dealing with this, the only thing working, is to merge the files (but losing some info) and then have a few parallel files ready, because some will be corrupted again.
I thought that this is related to my (somewhat old) computer, but I see others have the problems too (and I never have problems this bad w/ this machine, or ArchiCad before).
Once more, his is BAD.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Okay, some data:
ArchiCad 4.12 to 21 (6013);
2008 Mac Pro, OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 8-core 2.8 GHz, 32 Meg of RAM, NVIDIA FX 4800, 1.5 Gb.
Updating to 6013 doesn't change a thing, I will try to go back to rel. 20/19 for a while.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rel. 20/19 works well
Anonymous
Not applicable
But AC21 problems are just getting worse - see attached.
Eduardo Rolon
Couple of suggestions to troubleshoot the issue.

1. If you open the file on another computer does it crash in the same way?
2. If you create a new file do you have the same crashes?

----
If opening the file on another computer does not crash then it might be a problem with your hardware, HD failing or network problems

For number 2 then it means that there is something wrong with the file (bad object, too many polygons etc) if so my rarely used procedure is to have 2 sessions of AC open and start copying/pasting from one to the other to see if you can pinpoint the main problem.

----
Also you should get in touch with your rep so that you can get more "expert" help.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator