Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 22 Magic Mouse

Anonymous
Not applicable
We just started trying out 22 in our office, and while I personally have noticed that 22 works much better with the track pad on my MacBook Pro, there are other users who are having lag issues while panning and zooming with their Magic Mouse. Using a standard 3 button mouse seams to work better, but knowing that working with the Magic Mouse was a part of the new 22 build, I figured I would report that there are some issues.

Thanks.
11 REPLIES 11
Tendenz
Participant
Same here. Can't scroll to zoom with Magic Mouse in AC22.
iMac OS X 11.6

2,3 GHz Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

ArchiCAD 25
Tendenz
Participant
Pasting from another thread:
James wrote:
Tendenz wrote:
I have the same problem with AC22. Never had the problem before, just downloaded AC22, and now scrolling won't make AC22 zoom... It just scrolls up and down instead. Restarting AC didn't fix it, and there are no options in system preferences for the Magic Mouse that fixes it either.
In AC22 for Mac user, go to AC Work Environment > Input Constraints and Guides.
You can switch the Magic Mouse and Trackpad behaviour between preferring Pan or Zoom.
iMac OS X 11.6

2,3 GHz Intel Core i9, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

ArchiCAD 25
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Tendenz wrote:
Same here. Can't scroll to zoom with Magic Mouse in AC22.
Default is panning - hold down the <alt> key for zoom. It means you now get full benefit from a touch-device.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey guys,
it happened on me and my mates computer now, that with installing AC22 the magic mouse appears to be moving everything you click on straight by first press instead of just selecting the item.
Afterwords you gotta wait for a few seconds, press esc. and the use the standard commands such as cmd+d/e/shft+e and so on.
Does anyone of you have a solution how to get the normal press to a standart where a line, hatching or what so ever just gets selected.

Really does take a lot of time and annoys a lot after some time.

Cheers for your help
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Radiocat wrote:
it happened on me and my mates computer now, that with installing AC22 the magic mouse appears to be moving everything you click on straight by first press instead of just selecting the item.
That sounds like a completely different issue. The problem under discussion was just panning and zooming, but this seems to be a problem selected items. I haven't encountered anything like that in AC22.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Barry Kelly
Ralph wrote:
Radiocat wrote:
That sounds like a completely different issue. The problem under discussion was just panning and zooming, but this seems to be a problem selected items. I haven't encountered anything like that in AC22.

And Radiocat, please don't post the same question multiple times in different posts.
Please continue with this problem in you other post.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=293417#p293417

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stress Co_
Advisor
Does anyone still use "Magic Prefs"

I'm moving to a new Mac and noticed this
from MagicPrefs.com:

I'm conditioned to a click-hold, move mouse to PAN.... (and Shift, click-hold, to ORBIT).
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Eduardo Rolon
Stopped using Magic Prefs a long time ago. Switched to Better Touch Tool.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
I did the same but then noticed that BetterTouchTool was interfering with ArchiCAD (21 and 22). If you are shift clicking multiple items to add to your selection, it will start to drag the selected items. I had to uninstall it in the end and I've gone back to using the now unsupported Magic Prefs (which works perfectly despite the warnings) and a 99p app called Magnet for the window resizing.

I'm not experiencing any issues with the Magic Mouse and 21/22 now. Are you on 10.14 Mojave Hence?