Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 22 and Mac Pro issues

andybartos
Contributor
Hi-
I'm having a problem running Archicad 22 on a Mac Pro. The issues occur on 2 identical machines, both Mac Pro (late 2013), running MacOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6. The processors are 3.7 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon E5, memory 12 GB 1866 MHz DDR3, and the graphics are AMD FirePro D300 2048 MB. When in a Teamwork project, everything works fine such as drawing a line, wall, text, dragging a copy, etc. The problem arises when you try to Reserve, Release or Send and Receive. The spinning disc appears and it can take quite a long time to complete the operation (30-45 seconds to reserve or release something like a wall, much longer to send and receive changes).
These are the only Mac Pro's in the office running High Sierra. All others are still running Sierra and operate wonderfully. One odd thing is that we recently purchased an iMac Pro running High Sierra and it works perfectly. This leads me to believe it's something with the Mac Pro. And it happening only when performing a 'network' operation makes me think it could be a problem with how the computers are connecting and sending and receiving information over our network .
I've opened the Console window when starting up and running Archicad 22 and get messages that don't appear when starting up on computers running Sierra on the Mac Pros and High Sierra on the iMac Pro. Especially a recurring message 'allocator race detected: transaction is not verified'. I've attached an image from the Console window. It's been tough to diagnose this problem so I just wondered if anyone else has had this occur on a Mac Pro over a network. And forgot to mention the problem persists after installing the AC 22 patch 4005-1.0. Thank you!
Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
macOS Monterey | Mac Studio-Apple M1 Max | 64 GB
Archicad 7 - 25
10 REPLIES 10

Thanks, Laszlo!

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
macOS Monterey | Mac Studio-Apple M1 Max | 64 GB
Archicad 7 - 25