BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 23 - Cannot "Save AS"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings all,

I just download the new Archicad on my new laptop, and I am noticing something very weird that I never ran into before.
All files are not being able to perform "save as" even when I start a new file from scratch. I am not on a server, and there are no missing paths or anything. it is just not "saving as".
I go to File > Save As then literally nothing happens. Usually, you get the dialogue box so you can choose formate, location and such, but that's not appearing.

I uninstalled the whole program and installed it again, but still the same issue.

Can anyone help with this?
Best,
Kai
15 REPLIES 15
Karl Ottenstein
What is your operating system full version number (and build number if Windows)? This sounds like an incompatible OS issue.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.1
My ArchiCad is up to date also.

What surprises me that at work, I have the same exact operating system and the same exact Archicad version and it works there.

They are two completely different licenses (i own this one). I can save normally, I just cannot "save as" on the laptop. So I know it is not a license issue
Eduardo Rolon
Looks like a permission problem with 10.15 (maybe you missed a popup warning) check under System Prefs -> Security -> "Files and Folders" and check that AC is allowed.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks.
Archicad is not on there, and for some reason i cannot add it. Do you know how to work around that?
Eduardo Rolon
Just installed 23 in a 10.15 Mac and there were no problems doing a "save as".
Check under Security that in both "Full Disk Access" and "Files and Folders" AC is listed, if not hit the + and add them. If this does not work do a restart and try again.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Karl Ottenstein
Noudlakh wrote:
Thanks.
Archicad is not on there, and for some reason i cannot add it. Do you know how to work around that?
Did you click the padlock and enter your (admin) login password to unlock the panel in order to add ARCHICAD?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I've exactly the same problem. On Catalina 10.15 everything works fine... on 10.15.1 it doesn't. Pressing the + in "Full Disk Access" and "Files and Folders" opens the finder window but all the applications are greyed out. I simply drag and drop them in the preference window and they work... except for archicad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup exactly. AC is greyed out and i cannot add it to "full desk Access" Nor to "files and Folders"
Eduardo Rolon
Do a restart and make sure you don’t have other apps asking for permission. Apparently 10.15 will only give access to that setting one app at a time so if there is another app waiting for access you will not be able to add another.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Learn and get certified!