Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 23 Taking a long time to Save file.

dkaramaneas
Participant
Hi Guys,

The files are quite small but it is taking a long time to save.

Is there anything I can do to understand how to speed it up. I went through the archicad recommendations but does not seem to change much.
24 REPLIES 24
dkaramaneas
Participant
Thank Miha,

I could not fixed the issue however i purchased a new mac and used a new template file to start my drawings from and it worked.

Daniel k

mnguyen wrote:
Hi,

Thank you for your report!

Saving/opening a file may not just rely on how fast your processor is, but it also depends on your hard-drive type. If you are still using an Hard Disk Drive (HDD) for saving the file, the bottleneck could be there. Solid State Drives (or SSDs) should be 3-5 times faster in reading/writing compared to HDD. The amount of RAM available for this process could also play some parts in this. If you run Archicad with many Chrome tabs opened, this could also slow down the saving process.

I hope this helps you with the issue!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh
Felipe Ortiz
Participant
Hi, I had the same issue. I installed AC24 and the files that took long time started saving in no time, but after a while using them they became slower again. I wondering if there is any "cache" folder that maybe I can clean up?

Thanks
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Felipe,

Thank you very report and I am very sorry about thatit!

In Archicad 24 Update 2, we fixed a similar issue where the long list of recently opened projects was the culprit. I would like to make sure that the update is installed to avoid this issue from happening.

If it doesn't help, a Preferences Cleaning will help to reset the cache build up in Archicad usage.

Please let me know if it helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

luciant
Newcomer
I had the same problem with slow saves in AC23. Tried cleaning preferences and that did not work. Did an uninstall and reinstall and the problem went away.

Regards
IMac OS X 10.13.5
4 core Intel 3.4 Ghz, 16 GB Ram,
AMD Radeon HD 6970M
Archicad 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 21, 23
Claudio Lima
Booster
HI all !

I had the same problem and I solve it just DELETING the RECENT projects the shows at start up window.
DELL ALL and should work fine, its just shortcuts to the files.

regards
claudio
since ARCHICAD 3.42 to ARCHICAD 26