BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 23 not saving new file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I've installed Archicad 23 with my EDU license and from yesterday the save as command doesn't show the path window. I can only save existing files with cmd+s.

I'm running OS X Catalina and I've just installed the Twinmotion plug-in.

Thanks for the help
9 REPLIES 9
Hello,

A - "the save as command doesn't show the path window" with a project created with a EDU Archicad ?
B - "the save as command doesn't show the path window" with a project created with a Full Archicad and open with a EDU Archicad ?
C - "the save as command doesn't show the path window" with the same project with EDU Archicad without changing anything except for the update of macOS ?

Here is the informations about EDU Archicad :
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/64811/
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Eduardo Rolon
Christophe,

None of the options affect EDU files. "Save as" should work on all AC Types except DEMO.
At a minimum this looks like an OS issue. Make sure that you have the latest version of Catalina and close AC and then restart with "relaunch applications" unchecked.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

ejrolon wrote:
None of the options affect EDU files. "Save as" should work on all AC Types except DEMO.
Thanks about these precisions !
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I've the same problem in all the cases Christophe has mentioned. I've tried restarting as ejrolon said but nothing. On my old MacBook Pro (which is running macOS 10.15) everything works fine. The problem is that not only AC23 EDU has this problem, the 22 too (its a full license that I use at work).

I've launched the app from terminal and when saving this message pops out:

unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fc42d4289a0

Doing some research, and as ejrolon said, it seams to be an OS compatibility problem. It's quite odd that on macOS 10.15 everything works great while on 10.15.1 not.

Thanks fo the help!
Hello,

I can't understand why update macOS without knowing what does it means
I work on windows and macOS and all these configurations works fine cause I keep the original OS (windows or macOS)
If you update you OS you have to understand you are generating mistakes I think and it might be better to keep your original configuration until your next computer

Specialy if you computer is a old macbook pro 2011 like mine
My macOS is 10.13.6 and I have no reason to change it cause Archicad 23 run fine on it !
Christophe - FRANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know what I could risk updating my OS. That's why I first upgraded my old MacBook Pro Retina 2013. After I was sure everything was working fine, I've upgraded the new one.
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Did you by any chance modify the permissions granted for ARCHICAD in any way, shape, or form?

Catalina is very sensitive to these things and any minor change might result in unexpected results.

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

as far as I know I didn't change anything. As I wrote in the other related post I've downgraded my OS. I'll probably wait the next update to upgrade again.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Gianluca
Ghaleb Khadra
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Gian.Mala wrote:
Hi,

as far as I know I didn't change anything. As I wrote in the other related post I've downgraded my OS. I'll probably wait the next update to upgrade again.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Gianluca
Thank you for letting me know, and I am really sorry about the inconveniences.

Feel free to reach out to me or anyone in GRAPHISOFT if you experience further difficulties.
I wish you have a great day!

Kind regards,
Ghaleb
Ghaleb Khadra
BIM Expert
GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com
Learn and get certified!