Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 24 Issue - Green lines through 3D View

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there a reason my 3D model is appearing with green lines through it?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Owen,

Thank you for the question and I am sorry about the issue!

This defect is caused by a faulty Intel driver. Please make sure to have the latest Intel GPU driver installed. You can find it with the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29988/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

After installing, the green stripes should not appear in 3D environment.

I hope this helps you with the issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Hello owens-m19,

You should begin by telling your hardware configurations and your Archicad version.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I am using Archicad 24 Educational version on a Dell Latitude laptop with 8.00GB RAM, and a 64-bit operating system. It is just my first time using Archicad so just trying to find my way around! Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am looking for some advice with my model, when I go onto the 3D view there are green lines going through it and I can't find where to fix it, any advice would be great! Thanks!
Miha_M
Advisor
Please put some info about your Archicad version, OS and Hardware into your signature, it's way easier for people who might be able to help you to identify the problem and possible solution this way.

For your weird 3D window graphic I'd try to update the graphic card drivers first.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2× E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

runxel
Legend
Most laptops do not have dedicated GPUs, which makes them rather unsuitable for CAD.
In any case you should update your drivers.
Archicad 24 has upped the minimum OpenGL version your hardware needs to support.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Karl Ottenstein
The shape and location suggests that this is the 3D Editing Plane ... and that your graphics card is unable to display it properly. To check if this is the case, while in the 3D window looking at the strange green lines - go to the View menu and uncheck Editing Plane Display.

If the green lines disappear, then at least we know what is creating them 🙂 Check for any display driver updates from your graphics card manufacturer (since I see from the screenshot you are on Windows - Mac updates are all done by Apple). Alternatively, see if anything here helps:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/84836/

or search the forum / help center for your specific graphics card.

In the future, please list your ARCHICAD version, OS, and machine specs in your signature or your post.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
I'm merging your two threads on this same issue. Please post only once, and in one forum, for each issue/topic.

After this merge, the conversation may not make sense because of merged responses... but everyone is giving you the same advice at least 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Lingwisyer
Guru
As Runxel mentioned, your laptop does not have a dedicated GPU which makes it unsuitable for running AC... Try turning hardware acceleration off?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Owen,

Thank you for the question and I am sorry about the issue!

This defect is caused by a faulty Intel driver. Please make sure to have the latest Intel GPU driver installed. You can find it with the following link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29988/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

After installing, the green stripes should not appear in 3D environment.

I hope this helps you with the issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask me again!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT