Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 24 and 25 not loading without internet connection

ThaboM_COA
Contributor

Archicad 24 and 25 randomly does not open, crash, hangs and/or become unresponsive when network becomes intermittent, slow or there is no connectivity at all. 

This leaves users unable to open Archicad directly from the launch icon or from any .pln directly and often leaves the computer inoperable and unresponsive with the explorer crashing. 

Did not notice this issue on older editions of Archicad or on previous versions of Archicad 24 before updates. 

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Are you using network licenses or have you downloaded a software license or have a local USB key?

Network licenses can be an issue if the connections are bad.

Software or local USB should be fine as Archicad only has to look as far as your local machine.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Softkey, this issue happens on quite a few of the companies workstations 

Djordje
Ace

another reason why I prefer USB dongles...

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

If you have the softkey, and it is "already" downloaded to your workstation or laptop, there shouldn't be any need for internet connectivity to launch the software. This is my method and aside from that "controversial" re-authentication process I mentioned a few posts back, it runs fine when not connected.

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
Lingwisyer
Guru

Explorer is crashing? Not just AC?

On these occassions, is it just opening AC from .pln files that is slow or the root program as well?

When Network becomes intermittent? Or when Internet becomes intermittent?

If it is actually your network and not just your internet, are the projects stored on an office server? If so, you can go into your registry and change the time out duration. This will reduce any "hang time" caused by being unable to communicate with the server at the time when you attempt to open the file and instead return the unable to open error earlier.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660