Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 24 don't start

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I try to install ArchiCAD 24 many times, but it don't start... when i launch archiCAD, the windows wait cursor appear for a short time and then it deseappear and the software don't start..

my computer is a DELL Precision 7710, with an intel core i7-6820 HQ, graphic card AMD FirePro W7170M, 16 Go ram, Windows 10 - 64 bits

i've got some file on the archiCAD folder named GSReport-20200709(20-55-19)-[9684]-1-FATAL.RPT or CrashDump-20200709(20-55-20.770)-[9684-13764].dmp

i've try to reinstall many times, i've uptated my old windows 7 to windows 10, i tried to install the license manager tool independantly, but nothing works..

what can be the problem ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear all,

Thanks to Nick's help, we found that the culprit causing Archicad to freeze on his machine was the printer driver. A Preference Cleaning and reinstall of the printer's driver helped with the issue.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TMA_80
Enthusiast
maybe the installer got corrupted when downloaded, try to redownload, it may help.
AC12_20 |Win10_64bit|
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the question, and I am very sorry about the issue!

Archicad 24 is not supported on Windows 7, so I would like to make sure that the computer is running the latest Windows 10 version before installing Archicad 24.

Could you let me know in detail how the process happens? After installation, if you open Archicad 24, does it get through the splash screen? Can it show the startup dialog afterward? If not, could you check in Task Manager and see if the Archicad process is running?

Thank you very much, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I 've reinstalled some drivers and windows 10 updates, and it works...
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry for inconvenience
Karl Ottenstein
Jevrod wrote:
sorry for inconvenience
Glad you resolved the issue. You did state you were on Windows 10 in your post, however your signature says Windows 7 - which is why Minh responded as he did. Please update your forum signature to reflect your current OS etc. 🙂
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Barry Kelly
Just had a similar problem on a Windows machine with versions 22, 23 & 24.
Version 20 ran just fine.

It was working fine yesterday but not today.
I found out the user had taken the machine home to work and on returning to the office had plugged the monitors into the on-board GPU rather than the proper video card.

So not only do you need to make sure the on-board GPU drivers are up to date - just in case that is being used, make sure the monitors are plugged into the proper video card.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same problem as Jevrod
I installed ArchiCAD 24 many times, but when i launch archiCAD, it gets through the splash screen and after i choose new project the wait cursor appear but doesn't start..
In the Task Manager i see the Archicad starter.exe isn't responding

My computer is a surface pro with an intel core i7 and Windows 10 - 64 bits
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Nickzs wrote:
Same problem as Jevrod
I installed ArchiCAD 24 many times, but when i launch archiCAD, it gets through the splash screen and after i choose new project the wait cursor appear but doesn't start..
In the Task Manager i see the Archicad starter.exe isn't responding

My computer is a surface pro with an intel core i7 and Windows 10 - 64 bits
Hi Nickzs,

Thank you very much for the question!

Generally, freezes when starting Archicad can happen due to 2 common issues: licensing or graphics driver.

1. If this is licensing related, we can test it very easily by running Archicad in DEMO mode (unplugging the Hardware key/upload the Software license back to the pool). If Archicad starts faster, we can conclude that this is the case.

2. If running in DEMO mode does not help, probably you will need to have a look at your graphics drivers. Make sure to have the latest ones installed for your dedicated GPU and also the Integrated card (Intel in this case). The drivers are available on the vendor website. For Intel, here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

Let me know if it helps with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
same thing in demo mode the wait cursor just spinning and the program isn't responding . Graphic drivers are up to date. It was running fine till a month ago. I even installed it to another (older) laptop and used my student serial number and runs just fine .