Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 24 + macOS Big Sur Wi-Fi problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
two weeks ago I've upgraded to macOS Big Sur (currently 11.0.1) and since then I have problems with Wi-Fi when running Archicad 24 (24.0.0, build 3022, Edu license). To be specific, after Archicad is running for about an hour, the Wi-Fi stop working (the icon in toolbar goes gray, and there’s an exclamation mark over it). When I quit the Archicad, the Wi-Fi start working after few minutes. On one hand, I am more productive, on the other hand, it's quite annoying.
I’ve tried without any results:
  • Reseting NVRAM, PRAM and SMC
  • Trying different wireless networks (including my iPhone hotspot)
  • Forgetting the network
  • Using Google DNS servers
  • Renewing DHCP Lease
  • Using static local IPv4 address (in coordination with setting my mac’s MAC address for that IP on my router)
  • Reseting both router and the modem (my mac is the only device using our network that is experiencing this problem problem...)
  • Running wireless diagnostic (after first time I’ve tried this the Wi-Fi start running after the diagnostic, but then stopped after an hour)
I know that maybe upgrading to Big Sur so soon wasn't the best idea (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/129835/) but I would really appreciate if I could fix it without having to downgrade. I am running MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports) BTW.
Best regards,
Varec
2 REPLIES 2
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for your report and I am very sorry about the issue!

As far as I know, Archicad should not have the ability to mess with Wi-Fi signal or settings. I am wondering if you are working in other software for a long period, does it also happen as with Archicad?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,

no, it's only happening, when I am using Archicad. I will try to do a session with everything else closed and see what will happen.

Best regards,
Ondra