Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 24 won't start

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

I've installed the Archicad 24 as a Student version, still the program won't start, the cursor shows a loading signal for a while, it's starting though as a background process as an Archicad Component, but still the program is not starting.
i've updated my Windows to the latest version of Windows 10.
what can be the problem ??
working on an: Intel i7-8700 3.20GHz
16.0 GB RAM
Nvidia 1060 TI
16 REPLIES 16
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Yazan,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

First, I would like to make sure that all GPU drivers are up-to-date. Please follow the links below to make download the latest version for each component:
- Intel integrated GPU: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/29988/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
- NVIDIA: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx

If after installing these 2 drivers Archicad still refuses to run, I'm wondering if there is any active Firewall/Antivirus software? They could block the license checking process at startup, preventing AC from starting up.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Здравствуйте.
Столкнулась с такой же проблемой. Установила Archicad 24 как студенческую версию. Какое то время проработал и перестал запускаться. Родной брандмауэр отключен. Стоял Антивирус Avast. Удалила. Проблема не решилась. Поставила NOD32, в правилах разрешили полный доступ для Archicad 24, так же не помогло. Что делать?
Windows 10
Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Драйвера установлены последние)
Оперативной 16,0 ГБ
Eduardo Rolon
Translation,
Hello.
Faced the same problem. Installed Archicad 24 as a student version. I worked for a while and stopped starting. The native firewall is disabled. There was Avast Antivirus. Deleted. The problem was not solved. Delivered NOD32, allowed full access for Archicad 24 in the rules, it also did not help. What to do?
KATERINA, requirement for posting is to use english.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Translation,
Hello.
Faced the same problem. Installed Archicad 24 as a student version. I worked for a while and stopped starting. The native firewall is disabled. There was Avast Antivirus. Deleted. The problem was not solved. Delivered NOD32, allowed full access for Archicad 24 in the rules, it also did not help. What to do?
KATERINA, requirement for posting is to use english.
Thank you!

Hello!
Faced the same problem. Installed Archicad 24 as a student version. It worked for a while and stopped running. The native firewall is disabled. There was an Avast Antivirus. Deleted it. The problem was not solved. Put NOD32, the rules allowed full access for Archicad 24, also did not help. What to do?
Windows 10
Intel (R) Core (TM) i3-9100F @ 3.60 GHz Processor
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Latest drivers installed)
16.0 GB of RAM
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Katerina,

Thank you very much for the question!

I only understand the translation version, so I hope everything is correct

Could you let me know in detail what happens when you start Archicad? You mentioned that "It worked for a while and stopped running". Do you mean Archicad can start and load the Work Environment and project plan, and stop running while editing the project file, or Archicad cannot even start after clicking New/Browse?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there!
Yes, Archicad can't even start working after pressing the button. I can't start and load the working environment and project plan at all. Video in the attached file.
Anonymous
Not applicable
https://s1.fconvert.ru/upload/ff82670436c4 link to download the video
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Katerina,

Thank you very much for the video!

Usually, if Archicad can start, there must be a splash screen showing up with Archicad logo and its signature. Have you tried to completely uninstall, then reinstall Archicad?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, of course I tried