Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 24 won't start

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey,

I've installed the Archicad 24 as a Student version, still the program won't start, the cursor shows a loading signal for a while, it's starting though as a background process as an Archicad Component, but still the program is not starting.
i've updated my Windows to the latest version of Windows 10.
what can be the problem ??
working on an: Intel i7-8700 3.20GHz
16.0 GB RAM
Nvidia 1060 TI
16 REPLIES 16
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Katerina,

From what is shown on the video, it looks like Archicad couldn't even run. After clicking the Archicad 24 icon, could you help me to check whether ARCHICAD Starter.exe or ARCHICAD.exe appears in Task Manager? To do so, simply right-click the Taskbar > select Task Manager from the menu, navigate to Details tab to see all running processes.

We are thinking that, either Archicad silently crashes right after opening, or it got stuck somewhere even before loading any component.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello!
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Katerina,

I am very sorry for the late reply!
If I understand correctly, after double-clicking Archicad icon, you don't see any Archicad-related process in Task Manager tool? (since the screenshot only show the process from letter C, I just want to make sure that ARCHICAD Starter.exe is not available on the list after starting Archicad).

I discussed this issue with our teammates and we think that probably Archicad and the Bug reporter crash at the same time, therefore, we don't see any process related to Archicad. In such cases, we need the RPT files created in this location: C:\Users\<username>\GRAPHISOFT

Could you open this location and send us the file for further investigation?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. Min! Я установила студенческую версию, но она не запускается. Ошибка в приложении. Что мне делать с этим?
Karl Ottenstein
Maria wrote:
Hello. Min! Я установила студенческую версию, но она не запускается. Ошибка в приложении. Что мне делать с этим?

Translation: I installed the student version, but it won't start. Application error. What should I do about it?

The error message indicates a missing Windows DLL. Make sure all anti-virus software is disabled and then uninstall and re-install ARCHICAD.

------------------------
This is an English-language only forum. Please use Google Translate or similar yourself to translate any future comments.

Это форум только на английском языке. Пожалуйста, используйте Google Translate или аналогичный для перевода любых будущих комментариев.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
for me they only run in task manager but do not open
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Barahirwa wrote:
for me they only run in task manager but do not open
Hello,

Thank you for the comment!

Could you clarify a bit more what exactly happened on your side:
- Which Archicad version are you using?
- At which point does it freeze and run only in the background?
- Did you make sure that all graphics drivers are updated?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT