Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 24 works fine in Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit! Why won't it let me install Archicad 25??

Gare3ve
Participant

Never had any issues using version 24 but now when I go to install version 25, it says my operating system is not supported.... yet it has worked fine with 23 and 24.

I cannot find any info on what the actual change is here. I sense BS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
scottjm
Expert

AC has been unsupported on anything earlier than Win10 since AC23.  So while you may have been able to install 23 and 24 and it and appeared to run okay on win8.1, you ran the risk of having a catastrophic failure.

Also, Microsoft end of life support for Win8.1 ended back in Jan 2018, so you're likely no longer getting critical security patches. 

The upgrade from 8.1 to 10 is fairly painless and if your hardware currently runs 8.1 stably you shouldn't have any issue running 10.  Technically the free upgrade program ended back in 2017, but by all reports the upgrade process may still offer a free upgrade.

Upgrading to win10 is really your only course of action and is necessary to protect yourself for security vulnerabilities.

I would hold of upgrading to Win11 though, as there are some significantly higher minimum hardware requirements for Win11, so you'll likely need totally new hardware for this.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Lingwisyer
Guru

Sounds like you were lucky that you had no issue with 23 and 24 on 8.1 given neither of them supported it... We had to upgrade to 10 when AC23 came out due to it being unsupported and too buggy on 7. Maybe they hard gated it due to getting too many complaints from people on unsupported hardware / software...

Is there some reason why you are still running 8.1? The free upgrade / update to 10 is still available apparently.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I run the dev insider builds and have no issue with v 24 on windows 11.

Solution
scottjm
Expert

AC has been unsupported on anything earlier than Win10 since AC23.  So while you may have been able to install 23 and 24 and it and appeared to run okay on win8.1, you ran the risk of having a catastrophic failure.

Also, Microsoft end of life support for Win8.1 ended back in Jan 2018, so you're likely no longer getting critical security patches. 

The upgrade from 8.1 to 10 is fairly painless and if your hardware currently runs 8.1 stably you shouldn't have any issue running 10.  Technically the free upgrade program ended back in 2017, but by all reports the upgrade process may still offer a free upgrade.

Upgrading to win10 is really your only course of action and is necessary to protect yourself for security vulnerabilities.

I would hold of upgrading to Win11 though, as there are some significantly higher minimum hardware requirements for Win11, so you'll likely need totally new hardware for this.

Scott J. Moore | Fulton Trotter Architects | BIM Manager, Associate, Architect
Since AC13 | Current versions AC23.7000 & AC26.5002 | BIMCloud Basic | Python, GDL, VBA, PHP, SQL, CSS
Certified Graphisoft BIM Manger (2022)
Win 10, i9-9900K, 32GB, Quadro P2200, 500GB NVMe

This is true I have several newer machines and only two meet the actual windows 11 requirements. However the others seem to bee accepted still even not having tpm 2.0