Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 25 Crash on publishing

tomyg
Booster

Hi all, I've just installed Archicad 25 and i'm having consistant crashes on my machine and all members of the team (5 people)

Seems to crash on publishing to PDF everytime it gets to the section veiw sheets. I had the same issues with 24 when it was first installed, that got fixed in the first update. i'm running build 3011 with 25. 

Bug ID: AC25-2021-10-17-23-33-18-1804

11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly

Be sure to follow that bug ID up with your local Archicad support people.

Don't rely on someone from Graphisoft picking it up here, it might happen but it might not.

I would also try publishing just one page at a time, and if a particular page crashes it may help you determine what might be on it that is causing the problem.

If that page has multiple sections and details, create a new page with just one of those drawings at a time on it.

A process of elimination to try and figure out what the cause is.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

the probelm is the section page like i stated. Already went through that process to detirmine the issue. 

Seems to be when the views regenerate. The workaround at the moment is, making sure i've opened the page and let the section views update before publishing. If that isn't done it will crash every time. already sent it on to Archicad, waiting for reply. Though i would post here incase its an issue for everyone else and there may have been an easy fix. 

Uncommon, but just noting FYI: Do you have any special characters in your section or file name?  I’ve occasionally had AC hang up on PDF creation due to some sort off syntax issue.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors

interesting, there is a degree symbol on the sections for the roof.... could be it

… or a bad object in the section, like a stair that is not calculating properly in section (though that normally returns an error).  Maybe try a different, simpler, section and see if that one is successful.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Dear tomyg,

Thank you very much for the bugID and I am very sorry for the issue!

Based on the crash report, we found that this is a rare bug that has just been found recently (DEF-5582). In one case, we found that it is caused by autotext labels on the section which have autotexts displaying zone-related properties (for example "Related Zone Name").

But the crash occurs only if the source section is opened while updating the drawing. So as a simple workaround we can close the section window before updating the drawing.

I'm wondering if it gives you a hint on the problem here?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Tested this morning, crashed when source section is open. Did not crash when source section was closed. 

Thank you for looking into that one. I remember having a similar issue when 24 came out. 

I have a whole heap of other bug numbers. I'm not sure if that'll help, sounds like we've found my main issue there.

AC25-2021-10-22-01-46-10-9460

AC25-2021-10-22-01-54-53-5171

AC25-2021-10-22-04-35-57-8871

AC25-2021-10-22-04-38-15-7320

AC25-2021-10-25-03-57-57-1712

Hi Minh, We are experiencing this bug every time we publish or print. Any news when we can expect a fix? Is there a work around. Archicad 5010 on Monterey 12.4.

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry for the issue!

From the description, it looks like your case is a little bit different. I suggest reaching out to the local support team, with the information on the steps to reproduce the crash and the bugID for further investigation.

Thank you very much for your understanding!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT