Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad-25-INT-Update-4013-1.1 for MacOS is not installing application file

After the first time I ran the updater to 4013 I thought I had somehow deleted the Archicad 25.app file by mistake. After the installer ran (the first time as an update from 3008, the second as a clean install), the folder and all its contents were there but the application file not. Dock icon was installed, clicking produced nothing, option to show in Finder did not appear, and navigating to the folder showed the app file missing. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi Ignacio,

It's very sad to hear that! Based on the screenshot, I think the Archicad 25 installation has already been corrupted. At this point, I think it is safe to just drop the Archicad 25 folder into the trash bin.

Once it is done, please use this link to download a fresh installer from our server. This Archicad installer has Update 2 included, so once it is installed, you will have the latest update for Archicad 25 USA.

Please let me know how it goes!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Ignacio,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry to hear about this!

I tried to reproduce the issue here but it works correctly. May I ask whether you have tried to completely uninstall and reinstall Archicad? Does it work afterward?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

I would think the issue is somehow related to this, which I see for the first time. I especially fear the second list item. I have USA, INT and SPA installed, for both 24 and 25, each with its own update as required for the specific project work, working fine; issues only  appeared with the latest update. Not only that: sometimes I am running several versions of say 24, because I connect to different projects in different servers from different offices using different updates –with no problems up to now. Should I have some special caution about all this now?

Screen Shot 2021-11-06 at 10.56.17 PM.png
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi Ignacio,

Thank you for the screenshot!

From my own experience, I don't think the second point is relevant. I have many different Archicad versions installed in my machine, with several variations of each update. I have never encountered this error before.

Looking into our past database, this error might come from an outdated addon as well. Anyhow, I'm wondering if reinstalling helped in this case?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

I tried uninstall, which uninstalled only the uninstall app, leaving the rest of the application-less Archicad 25 USA folder in place (it did show a lot of activity, so hope it didn't delete stuff from the other installations). On my computer I only have the 3011 and 4013 USA updaters, which ask me for the application. So I go to look for a 25 USA installer at GS Downloads and only find 3011.1.3 and 4013.1.1, the exact same versions I have. I've been stuck at this for days. 

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.33.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.37.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.42.34 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.42.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-11-09 at 11.53.56 PM.png

Solution

Hi Ignacio,

It's very sad to hear that! Based on the screenshot, I think the Archicad 25 installation has already been corrupted. At this point, I think it is safe to just drop the Archicad 25 folder into the trash bin.

Once it is done, please use this link to download a fresh installer from our server. This Archicad installer has Update 2 included, so once it is installed, you will have the latest update for Archicad 25 USA.

Please let me know how it goes!
Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

That did it. Thank you very much.

And it didn't kill AC 24 USA, which was my fear. This is what I am getting in 24 INT, in my perception after updating 25 int to 4013. So I guess I'll attempt the same fresh install there. 

Archicad 24 INT cannot start.png