Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 25 INT install error

jakubc7
Advocate
Hi, I am trying to install the latest AC 25 INT but running into some technical issues I cannot troubleshoot myself. Whne running the install I get the VCRedist 2019 error (see attached). I downloaded the following file from MS website (assuming this is what I need): VC_redist.x64

When attempting to install the above file I get another pop-up asking for VC_runtimeAdditional_x64.msi (see attached), which I can locate on my PC but is not a valid file.

Has anyone come across this issue and been able to resolve.

PS. I realise that there is a forum dedicated to installations but from what I gather it is not really used and I am not likely to get any user input.
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
2 REPLIES 2
jakubc7
Advocate
SOLVED!

In case anyone else has this problem, these are the steps I took ... although it was a messy process and lots of installs / uninstalls / restarts etc ...

I used Windows 10 APPS AND FEATURES to uninstall all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2019 and 2017 (this one seemed to the the key to move past the errors).
I had to use the MS Trouble-shooter tool to uninstall some of the above.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-r...

I run the AC25 installer after and it worked fine!
ArchiCAD 10 - 25 | Windows 10
ARCHIcreate | Perth, Western Australia
archicad solutions | content creation | training | software implementation
Joy
Newcomer

OMG, I spent couple hours finally it worked.. Here is what I did:

I went to Microsoft website

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170

and downloaded the 

Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022 x64

and run the AC25 installer finally it worked...!!!!!

Hope it helps.