Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 25: New Survey point tool

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, opened up a project in archicad 25 and a few things came up:

1. Original Survey Point object has been removed and replaced with the built in one. The new one had lost original placement and moved far away.
2. Each time i rotate the survey point, it jumps around. Seems to be doing it around the project origin.
3. The option to check and uncheck ''true north'' setting is gone from the new settings. This is important as I am exporting IFC model in specific angle (parallel to axis), but internally using model with true north settings (to check sun positions, etc.)

Is there a way to export models with a set survey point, set angle but keep the true north setting for the file?
3 REPLIES 3
DGSketcher
Legend
There is a Workflow Guide document for this listed on the Learn Portal - https://learn.graphisoft.com. Assuming you are a subscriber it should be free to download. I haven't read it, but it looks like it may cover collaboration and file export usage.

The Learn Portal is quite new and is aimed at all levels of user, so it is probably worth signing up.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Anonymous
Not applicable
DGSketcher wrote:
There is a Workflow Guide document for this listed on the Learn Portal - https://learn.graphisoft.com. Assuming you are a subscriber it should be free to download. I haven't read it, but it looks like it may cover collaboration and file export usage.

The Learn Portal is quite new and is aimed at all levels of user, so it is probably worth signing up.
Thanks for the heads up. I checked the added e-book, but it does not seem to answer my question. It's a rundown of functionality.
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

After discussing with our colleagues, here is our finding regarding to your questions:

1. The new built-in Survey Point is always in the project origin by default. Could you please give us an example of how to reproduce it? If I understand correctly, you had a file created in a previous version with the old survey point object. Now after migration, the built-in survey point moved far away?
2. It jumps around because its coordinates relative to the project origin has to be kept, it has its own coordinate system

3. This always points to the true north.
We couldn't really figure out your workflow in the 3rd question. Could you help us with some screenshots of what you want to achieve using survey point?

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT