Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 25 can not be downloaded

arwenhermans
Contributor

Hi, I would like to use Archicad as a student. I received a link via email to download Archicad 25. However, when I downloaded it and pressed finish nothing happened. I cannot open the program. I have already downloaded it again several times and now I get the message 'not compatible'. I have a legion computer with windows 11. Anyone any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Arwen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

This machine seems to have an option of 2 graphics cards.

BarryKelly_0-1639703675525.png

It seems to me you system is capable.

I have never tried downloading a student version (and I have no need or way to try as I am not a student).

Did you do apply for your student license through MyArchicad?

You say you have a link to download Archicad 25.

Does the download actually save the installation file for you or does it fail right at the end of the process?

If that is the case maybe try a different web browser - I find Firefox is quite good.

I can give you a link to the 25 software...

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/install/AC25/AUS

Just change the AUS (AUStralian) to the language version you want - INT, USA, UKI SPA, etc.

If you want help knowing what your language version should be...

BarryKelly_2-1639704436040.png

Once you install and run the software, you can choose to use a 'Student' license and then input your serial number and details.

Hopefully that will be it.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

What is a 'legion' computer?

Does it meet the minimum requirements for Archicad 25?

https://graphisoft.com/resources-and-support/system-requirements

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

I have the 'Lenovo Legion 5 15ARH05' computer.

Hereby some information about my computer:

CPU

AMD Ryzen 7

Memory

16 GB RAM

Disk

SSD (with 370 GB of free space)

Graphics card

Display resolution

FHD+

Operating system

Windows 11

Protection key

Everything meets the minimum requirements.

Only I don't know where to find the info about the graphics card and the protection key.

Arwen

Solution

This machine seems to have an option of 2 graphics cards.

BarryKelly_0-1639703675525.png

It seems to me you system is capable.

I have never tried downloading a student version (and I have no need or way to try as I am not a student).

Did you do apply for your student license through MyArchicad?

You say you have a link to download Archicad 25.

Does the download actually save the installation file for you or does it fail right at the end of the process?

If that is the case maybe try a different web browser - I find Firefox is quite good.

I can give you a link to the 25 software...

https://graphisoft.com/downloads/archicad/install/AC25/AUS

Just change the AUS (AUStralian) to the language version you want - INT, USA, UKI SPA, etc.

If you want help knowing what your language version should be...

BarryKelly_2-1639704436040.png

Once you install and run the software, you can choose to use a 'Student' license and then input your serial number and details.

Hopefully that will be it.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend

@arwenhermans Apologies if this is an insulting question, but are you definitely downloading the Windows version rather than for Apple Mac. I only mention it as in the past I have blindly clicked on the wrong download and as Barry has indicated, your Lenovo seems compatible.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

At first I also thought maybe I took the wrong download version, but I did try the windows version. Still, thanks for the thoughtfulness. Sometimes such "silly" little mistakes are the problem. ;))

I had sent an email to Archicad to request my student license. (You have to send a school certificate before you can use the free version) Then I got an email with this message: 'Log in to myARCHICAD.com, go to your https://myarchicad.com/PROFILE/ and download the annual license of Archicad.'

When I clicked on this link the program started to download and only at the very end after agreeing to all the terms etc does the program stop.

Now I used your link via firefox (with the change from AUS to NED) and the download did succeed. When entering my serial number I got the message 'only suitable for the INT version. '

Downloaded Archicad again, but this time the INT version and this time it worked! Thank you very much!

Now I only have to learn how it works ;))

Arwen