Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 25 keeps freezing

MArk
Participant

Hello,

i'm writing on behalf of my boss who owns macbook pro late 2019 Big Sur. 
He installed properly the arc 25. He then allowed arc25 to access to files and folders. 

After restart problems started to show up. 
On the first run arc25 didn't boot up and freezed all mac system, only left was to play with mouse on the screen without happening on. I tried to open up activity monitor and the system was not able to  answere even search button or access to app toolbar. So the system through me out to login screen.

On the second run the arc25 booted up to welcome screen and then i clicked to open new file from template. All happened once again. 

On the third run arc25 booted up also to the welcome screen, but after i wanted to start a new file my screen went to yellow dots and lines. So it thought has AMD Radeon graphics card issue or Intel UHD . I started all over again till the point i could open battery setting and turn off automatic switching. It did not help at all.

Before fifth run i made diagnostics to computer and got nothing, but it sayd that all is good erroro code AD58000 .

So it is strange because 24th is running really good an healthy after last update. 

What is the issue or hint that i'm missing? 

Im really thankful if someone can help me 🙂

8 REPLIES 8
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

First of all, Happy New Year!

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry for the experience!

From the description, am I correct to say that when Archicad start, the whole Operating System freezes and restarts?

As far as I know, Archicad should not be able to cause such extreme behavior. It might be on the system level instead. You mentioned that you ran a diagnostics, is there any error? At what point do you see the AD58000?

Thank you very much! 

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

MArk
Participant

Thank you.

Yes, you understood correctly my problem. I saw it at the end of the diagnostics of system.

Sorry, the code it was ADP000  - no issuses found.

After i launched AR25, this is pic just before when mac freezeses and sending me back to login screen. 
IMG-8297.jpg

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the photo! Although we have never experienced it before, I'm consulting with our developers for more information. Meanwhile, I came across this very similar problem: Mac randomly crashes, screen turns green … - Apple Community

Maybe this would give you an idea on what to try?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Dear Minh, 

I experience the exact same problem after installing Archicad 25 on an iMac (2020 big sur) Did you find a solution?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Pieter,

Actually we downgraded back to 24 th. Waiting for an update, maybe it will help.

Sincerely,

Mark

I am also on Big Sur and having the same problem w/ Archicad 25. Is downgrading to AC24 the only solution?

Dear Minh, I've been using Archicad on my old MacBook 2016 and now im Runing it on on my new MacBook m1 max 2021 and still this problem sometimes occurs so I don't know why you would say that Archicad should not be able to cause such extreme behaviour when it clearly does even if you have a good device. Maybe instead of telling people that such things never happen just fix the basic things on the next Archicad before always adding new features.

I updated my OS to Monterey and the problem went away. 
I’m on a MacBook Pro (16”, 2019)