Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 25 trial version can't open a file

SRMO
Participant

Hello,

I have a trial version im my computer, with 25days remaining, but now I can open the file that I create and I guess it is because the Archicad 25 version. 

The file indicates that its need to be in the same machine (and it is), but I suppose that I did some kind of actualization, and now I can't open the file.

Can you help me?

5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein

I cannot understand what you're saying.  You have an AC25 trial, had created a file with it earlier (an AC 25 pln file), and now your trial version will not open the file?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
nzangi_james
Contributor

Hi SRMO,

I want to first understand what you mean by "I did some kind of actualization".

Please check whether the file is in the same folder that you are referencing as you open the file. It can be on the same computer but if the file path has changed, it will result in an error.

Go to File Menu > Open > Open; then trace the file in the folder where it is stored. I hope that helps.

Regards,

Muimi Nzangi.

First of all, thanks for the reply.

I have AC25 Trial POR (Portuguese), 4013 version for macbook.

I created a trial file on my computer but I cannot open the file. Indicates that it can only be changed on the source machine. As I didn't change the machine, and the AC25 version is the same (4013) I didn't understand exactly what I did to make this happen.

First of all, thanks for the reply. I have AC25 Trial POR (Portuguese), 4013 version for MacBook. 

I created a trial file on my computer but I cannot open the file. Indicates that it can only be changed on the source machine. As I didn't change the machine, and the AC25 version is the same (4013) I didn't understand exactly what I did to make this happen, so I assumed that I had updated something in the program, or deleted something that had changed the configuration.

Your solution I guess is for windows

Eduardo Rolon

Trial versions can only open files that were created on that specific version so if the trial expires then that file cannot be open again unless you covert that trial version to a full one by buying it.

The file cannot be opened on any other trial, full or educational version even if the new trial is installed on the same computer.

Sometimes an OS update might cause this issue.

Only solution now is for you to get in touch with the reseller to see what can be done.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator