Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 26 Cannot Read Plan File

Oliwa1001
Contributor

Good morning, I have a huge problem with the Archicad file. I get the message "cannot read plan file" and this is the semester project file that I was supposed to hand in on Monday. Please help. Only you can save me

21 REPLIES 21

Are you trying to open it in an incorrect version of Archicad. you normally see this error where you try to open a higher version file format in a lower Archicad version. Also, try launching Archicad app first and then navigate to the File, Open menu, locate the file and check the option in the open file dialogue to 'Open and Repair'.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

I opened the file in a good version: Archicad 26. I tried to repair the file in this way, but with no result. A notification appears that the file could not be repaired.

Do you have local support? You may be able to send the file to them for repair?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

I can only count on my academic teacher of this program. I don't know how much she will help me but I will meet tomorrow. 

You can retrieve by using backup file, do you have?

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB

I keep trying to share a link to an article on the Community site here but it keeps being removed. If you search for ‘cannot open plan file’ an article will show up that was published by Graphisoft explaining methods to fix the issue. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-Management-articles/File-Damage-or-Corruption-Troublesho... 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

This is the document/ page  A9C5A408-737C-410D-BFC9-464D8D45FA2E.png

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

It seems the system was automatically quarantining the post because of the link - I don't know why, and it shouldn't have.

I have released one of them so the link is now there.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11