Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 26 Cannot Read Plan File

Oliwa1001
Contributor

Good morning, I have a huge problem with the Archicad file. I get the message "cannot read plan file" and this is the semester project file that I was supposed to hand in on Monday. Please help. Only you can save me

21 REPLIES 21

Yes, I have the backup file but also not working. it looks like it's broken somehow. I don't know what happened to them. 

PROJEKT MIESZKANIÓWKI 2.bpn 

I read the entire article yesterday and did as instructed. Unfortunately, nothing helped and the backup file does not open either. I have no idea how to fix my file and this is very important to me. 

That's really odd. If you use Archicad through your university they should have a support agreement with Graphisoft. Which version of Archicad 26 do you have? Is it Full, Solo or Edu?

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

I have Educational License.

I believe you should get support with that. Which localisation do you use?

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Support from who? Graphisoft or my university teacher? Because she doesn't know what to do.

I'm studying in Poland.

Trying to post the link. Have no idea why it is getting removed.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Project-Management-articles/File-Damage-or-Corruption-Troublesho...

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thank you, but as I said earlier, I read the entire article yesterday and did as instructed. Unfortunately, nothing helped and the backup file does not open either. I have no idea how to fix my file and this is very important to me. 

There was an old Corel link in this article what we updated and now it seems to us that the article can be posted again. I hope we managed to fix it this way.

Thank you @Lee Hankins@Barry Kelly and @Eduardo Rolon for highlighting this issue.

Noémi Balogh

Community Expert, Admin

If you have a legitimate Education license of Archicad 26 I think Graphisoft offer support as part of that. You used to obtain the educational licenses from myarchicad.com when I had it years ago. if that is still the method there would hopefully be a support feature through the website. If not then contact whoever supplied you with the education license and ask them for technical assistance. I'd be surprised if they cannot help.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)