Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 26 Solo for Silicon

INTEXHOMES
Booster

Is there silicon solo version that is available for download? 

25 REPLIES 25

It’s not available yet. I believe it’s coming early in the new year. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
Rob Hancox
Booster

I spoke with the UK support team last week, again, frustrated that us Solo users are at the back of the pile again.  They've informed me that it will be introduced in January 2023.  I've had a "play" with the demo license for an M1 iMac install and have been quite impressed by the general speed improvements it's likely to yield.  Everything "feels" less laggy obviously from bypassing the translation process that Rosetta 2 loads on it.  

Fingers crossed it is early in January, but I'm not holding my breath.

AC26 UK • iMac 24" M1 • MacBook Pro 1.4GHz | 8 gb ram • OSX13 Ventura

Yes, it's very strange. Solo is just a licensing process. Not like this is different software. Well, will wait until January. 

Well, in some respects you're correct. However, you'll notice, of course, that you can't do Cineware renders and this is because of the installers and other such stuff.  But, yes fundamentally it's EXACTLY the same software.

Amine Mseddi
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hi, we are working on the launch plan. It is basically ready and the announcement will be made as soon as possible.

Amine Mseddi

Product Marketing Trainee | GRAPHISOFT SE

Still working on launch plan? 😀 

January is almost ending, where is the beef? 

Rob Hancox
Booster

Seems like we've missed January 🙄...... Still, apparently it's ready, just waiting for someone to retrieve it from the oven now.....

Yes. Very poor customer support.

" ... the update for Archicad Solo to run natively on Apple silicon is due to be available on the 14th of February ... "

Let's hope for the best 😀