Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 26 Solo license but no Archicad 26 Solo Download

Rob Hancox
Booster

So flipping frustrating!!  Having put up with the dreadful Launch Event and then clicking on the "Download the Latest" and gone through the trauma of the install experience (give full disk access etc, license tool update, etc etc) then to discover that actually I've only got a Solo license and the install is for a Full version.  What gives?

Seriously getting more and more frustrated with Archicad/Graphisoft-do-give-a-flying-poop user experience.  I do not feel a valued customer.

Any ideas?

AC26 UK • iMac 24" M1 • MacBook Pro 1.4GHz | 8 gb ram • OSX13 Ventura
10 REPLIES 10
MAP
Participant

Looking for an answer on this too, Solo downloads and updates are always in a more 'obscure' area, very frustrating

Barry Kelly

In the launch event Q & A they said the first Solo versions (I am not sure which language versions) would start being released 2 weeks after the first Archicad release.

Other language Solo versions will be released later.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
cocoloco
Advocate

Ugh!!! I too just downloaded Update and guess what..... It was a full damn version, not even option to download solo. Why do I have to feel like homeless person when using Archicad? The updates are a joke anyway so why do they have to more complicate it to their users? Reminds me apple 

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
gotphish001
Enthusiast

I found this right after I emailed them. The title of my email was, "New solo version. Ground Hog Day again"

Same as every year, new solo isn't anywhere to be found. One of the worst websites I've ever seen. I had to click "get Archicad" or a similar named buttons at the bottom of three pages in a row to actually get to the download page. Where solo 26 isn't even at. The website is a joke. We send a couple emails about not being able to find something almost every year.

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/
gotphish001
Enthusiast

At they are fast answering emails.

https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/Archicad/install/AC26Solo/USA

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey
Autodesk Expert Elite
Archicad 26 Solo USA
https://farkasassociates.com/

To be honest I'd like to think that Apple's updates are at least FREE!! and for the most part they are pretty dam stable, unlike the half-baked, half-arsed output from Graphisoft.  Yes, they do have a very useful application that serves the industry very well but I do feel as if it's a little "bloated" still exceedingly clumsy, with a poor UI. But hey, it's Graphisoft, it's like "we really don't give too much to be honest as long as we can get another release out and charge you at least £500 per year for a new release irrespective of what features are still buggy or still with complex workarounds because we know you suckers will buy it! 🙂 ".

I also work with AutoCAD from the same parent company and frankly they are modern day highway robbers. I feel sick to the stomach each year now.

Rob Hancox
Booster

Having had a phone conversation and then followed up with an email, here's the link for the UK version of ArchiCAD26 Solo UKI.

https://Graphisoft.com/downloads/Archicad/install/AC26SOLO/UKI/

Cheers,

Rob

MAP
Participant

Unfortunately I get an error 404 from that link, could you try reposting. 

Mary-Anne

404 error! I still did not find Solo version? 😄 That's almost embracing. Archicad, I am begging you on my knees as a Solo owner only, would you add for us, lower class that pays only $2k an year (without you having even an iPad app like other professional softwares do...) a solo version too? Please. Your lower class Solo Archicad Subscriber. 

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)