Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 26 (or 25) on Apple M1

archislave
Enthusiast

I am looking to upgrade Archicad and need a new computer. How well does Archicad 25 or 26 run on the M1 Rosetta 2 emulator? Are there any problems with libraries or navigation?  Thanks!

Archislave

archicad 16.0 US, iMac El Capitan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

@archislave We're running intel Archicad 26 on two macMini M1's in the office with no issues. They will be upgraded to the silicon version later in the year. We did go for the 16GB models though.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I’m running both on an M1 Max MacBook Pro and they seem fine. 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

That is good to hear, Lee, I was actually thing of going with an M1 Mac Mini base model with 8 GB Ram. I may wait and see if it will be upgraded to the M2. It sounds like going with the Intel version of Archicad will not break libraries and add-ons like the Preview Native Arm version.

Archislave

Solution

@archislave We're running intel Archicad 26 on two macMini M1's in the office with no issues. They will be upgraded to the silicon version later in the year. We did go for the 16GB models though.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)
archislave
Enthusiast

OK. Well, that is good advice to go for the 16 GB version. I doubt the M2 will provide that much of a boost considering the issues with the new Macbooks.

Archislave