BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Archicad 26 to lower version

Dundee
Participant

Hi, Im using Archicad 26 and need to save the file in version 22. I can't seem to do that in save as, I only see an option to save in version 25. Am I missing something? Appreciate the help

4 REPLIES 4

You have to save back to 25 then open in 25 and save back to 24 and then open in 24 and save back to 23 etc. If you have an active license for 26 then it should work for all previous versions. You may have issues with being able to install older versions on newer operating systems though. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

You may also lose some functionality as dropping back from 26 to 22 is quite a big jump back. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

That's a lot of extra steps wow. Thanks for clearing that up.

ahmad525
Booster

saving to older version will require more steps. e.g u will need to save to 24, then open the file in 24 and save as 23, and then open in 23 and save as 22. 

most library parts wont be working. in my opinion only do this if you chose to downgrade to older versions since you will be lose some libraries parts, tools and functions. 

Learn and get certified!