Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad 8.1

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have upgraded to 8.1 from 8 but can not load Archiglazing 1.6
do I have to remove version 8 first! --running Windows 2000
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
John wrote:
Have upgraded to 8.1 from 8 but can not load Archiglazing 1.6
do I have to remove version 8 first! --running Windows 2000
Check whether ArchiGlazing 1.6 works with 8.1. Do NOT remove 8 until you are sure that it does.

If it does not, contact your reseller for the upgrade.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
There's no point in contacting your reseller, even out areasalesmanager from GS didn't know that ArchiGlazing doesn't work with 8.1
Djordje
Ace
Laurens wrote:
There's no point in contacting your reseller, even out areasalesmanager from GS didn't know that ArchiGlazing doesn't work with 8.1
Well, it clearly says so here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/productivity_tools/tools/archiglazing.html

Maybe we should all browse the GS Web site a little more? Although, your reseller should know.
Djordje

HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
@Djorde: maybe GS should test their products a bit better. The 1.6 version works fine with AC 8 as stated on the webpage, unfortunately we are currently up on version 8.1 and it doesn't work with that.

Is states that it is an outdated plug-in (which it of course actually is) when loaded through the add-on manager.
Since I work @ the dutch distributors office, we contacted our area sales manager on this issue and even he didn't know it wasn't working. Hope this issue will be resolved soon, for all the people who upgraded to 1.6 and now have a useless ArchiGlazing.
Djordje
Ace
Laurens wrote:
@Djorde: maybe GS should test their products a bit better. The 1.6 version works fine with AC 8 as stated on the webpage, unfortunately we are currently up on version 8.1 and it doesn't work with that.

Is states that it is an outdated plug-in (which it of course actually is) when loaded through the add-on manager.
Since I work @ the dutch distributors office, we contacted our area sales manager on this issue and even he didn't know it wasn't working. Hope this issue will be resolved soon, for all the people who upgraded to 1.6 and now have a useless ArchiGlazing.
I agree that it should be updated; just commented that it was not said anywhere that it works with 8.1

Not that it is a good thing.
Djordje

HP Omen