Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad Depressed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Some changes to Archicad 13 make it less intuitive or just drop out some functions that I thought worked pretty well & certainly very little improvement in the library packages which were created 20 years ago and still look it. Why can't we get a decent window package with more flexibility. Still the same old tired TVs etc. I'm surprised they don't have a model for a MAC SE in the drawing file.

What's the extra 2000 buck for?
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein
Kind of confused ... AC 13 was released 3 years ago - any complaints about it, rather than 15, will fall on deaf ears at Graphisoft ...

True, the library has had only incremental improvements - and most furniture, appliances, etc haven't changed in 10 years and do seem pretty dated / primitive.

But, the upgrade pricing is for all features, of which lib improvements are few. In another of your posts, you indicate you are moving up from 9 which is a big jump in features. Review the new features in 10, 11, 12 and 13 on this page:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD%20versions

realizing that the listed features are not all of the new features and bug fixes. THAT's what you're paying $2,000 for ... Presumably you actually just upgraded to 15, so including the 14 and 15 features into the mix, the $2,000 is a bargain. The learning curve moving from 9 on the other hand will be huge. Folks are here to help you.

Cheers,
Karl

PS If you've paid $2,000 for an upgrade from 9, you must have been given 15? My reseller's price for upgrades to 15 from version 6 though 10 is $2,690 including 1 year of ArchiPLUS subscription (which is $695 alone). Or had you upgraded a few years ago and are only now just trying 13 out?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB