BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Archicad Licensing - Working at home

Anonymous
Not applicable
I like to do additional work or try new things with the software to develop my skills/knowledge in my spare time.

For Autodesk products (I've moved from Revit to Archicad), I had a home/laptop license through the office that I could use for this purpose.

Is there an equivalent for Archicad? I downloaded a trial version before starting at my new practice but that has long since expired.
5 REPLIES 5
Eduardo Rolon
There are 2 types of licenses for AC, hardware based and software based. Both will require that you get access from your employer by loaning them.

Also you if the office has a network license then you could "request" for your laptop.

If all else fails then you can run AC in Demo mode though you will not be able to save, print, or export, any files.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply ejrolon.

Is the hardware based license the dongle? I'd rather not risk the potential of losing it if I take it home and how does it work for using the same license over two machines (not at the same time I'm guessing).

It looks like Demo might be the only option, which isn't ideal.
Eduardo Rolon
Yep, hardware is the dongle.

If your company is on SSA then it is insured or they can switch it to software whenever they want (which "cannot' be lost) but then they cannot switch back.

There are ways to access it thru VPN while the dongle is at the office and you are remote but that is something I have no idea how it works.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks again ejrolon.

I could explore the possibility of remote accessing the office PC as an option
Barry Kelly
thompsonmp wrote:
Thanks again ejrolon.

I could explore the possibility of remote accessing the office PC as an option
If it is a single license key and your are not prepared to physically take it home then remote access to your work machine would be the way to go.
A single license is not shared as a network license so can only be accessed from the machine it is connected to (as far as I know).

If your office has network licenses then you can VPN into your office network and access the license just as you would at work.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!