Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Archicad Reverts to Educational Mode When I Open It

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

I just purchased a professional subscription to Archicad. I set up my license key in the Graphisoft Installation Manager as directed. However, when I attempt to open a new file, it automatically reverts to the educational version of Archicad, which I have been using to learn the software. I need to be able to run the software in professional mode. I have already deleted all Graphisoft/Archicad files from my computer and redownloaded the software. What do I need to do?

Please note that I am not attempting to convert educational files to professional files.

Thank you
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
When you open a file that was created in the EDU version in the Commercial it will always switch to EDU mode and it will remain until you open a regular non-EDU file. It could be that you selected a template that was saved as EDU or trying to open with "previous settings" and it is defaulting to EDU.

Try choosing a commercial template from the list to see if it goes back. If not then try doing a new and reset.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator