Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad Sometimes can't find wibu-key in rdp-session

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

With one of our clients, we have a problem with starting up archicad on some clients. They have a XP-machine with all the keys connected.

They have no problem starting up archicad when they are in front of there computer and using the screen that is connected to the computer. But when they connect through RDP to their desktop they sometimes get the following error message:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/EduLicenseRenewal?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Edu_bug_ErrorOnWi...

I know they are pretty low on licenses so maybe when they RDP they take 2 licenses of the server with the keys?

Yesterday I tested this with the client: I was trying to open Archicad in front of the computer while she was connecting from the outside through RDP. These were the results:

- I try to open archicad when I am in front of the computer and I can start it without any problems. I close Archicad and ask her to take over my session through RDP. When she wants to open archicad while being logged on through RDP, she gets the error message you can see above.
We have tried it several times in 5 minutes, but in all the test cases it was with the same results.

I also tried it with another computer, and this one was not that consistent. The first time that I tried to open archicad, it gave me the error-message but after that I could just open archidad without problems in my RDP session. I kept a close look on the licenses on the server and even with 1 free license, the client could open Archicad so don't think that it takes 2 licenses..

Does anyone else have experienced this and how can we resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

Latest hotfix and wibu-key driver are already installed.

Kind regards,
1 REPLY 1
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Silencer001,

your issue has caught our attention, please contact your local distributor to investigate the source of this problem: http://www.graphisoft.com/purchase/europe/netherlands.html

Best regards,
Katalin Takacs