Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Archicad and Licence Manager can't connect to the network

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I just purchased the software and after installing the applications I can't run any of them. Also, I had issues with accessing graphisoft id website. Seems like my computer is blocking the graphisoft website and apps. I turned off firewall, but still no luck in connecting.
I work on macOS Catalina 10.15.4
What could be a reason I can't access the software. Please help
14 REPLIES 14
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry about the issue!

Have you tried to connect to GRAPHISOFT ID website with another browser?
If you cannot connect to https://graphisoftid.graphisoft.com/, regardless of the browser that you are using and with Firewall turned off, there is a high chance that the connection to GRAPHISOFT is blocked system-wide.

To confirm this, I would like to kindly ask you to follow the following steps:
- Open the Terminal on macOS (Finder > Utilities > Terminal)
- Run the following command (requires admin rights):
sudo nano /etc/hosts
- Please type in your password, then press Enter.

Then please share with me the screenshot of the dialog appeared.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Minh,

I'm having the same issue. None of my browsers can connect with graphisoftid.graphisoft.com. Although I'm able to connect with my account on my iPhone. I've attached a screenshot of my Terminal dialog. Thanks.

Best regards,
Mike
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hey Mike,

Thank you for the question!

In this Terminal dialog, all lines from # Graphisoft Anti-license checks by Up7 till the end needs to be deleted (you can navigate with arrow keys and press Backspace to delete". Once you're done, press Control + O to save the changes. Press Control + X to close the editor. Everything should work afterwards.

Please let me know if it works!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having this issue. Just pruchased a licence and I cannot download archicad from the graphisoft website.
I have ran the terminal commands as described and still nothing. I have deleted the lines of code ans advised.

Please help me, this is wasting me precious working hours, and I literally just pruchased the licence so I can do some work this weekend.
This is very frustrating, please resolve this asap
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
mccarthyeoghan wrote:
I am having this issue. Just pruchased a licence and I cannot download archicad from the graphisoft website.
I have ran the terminal commands as described and still nothing. I have deleted the lines of code ans advised.

Please help me, this is wasting me precious working hours, and I literally just pruchased the licence so I can do some work this weekend.
This is very frustrating, please resolve this asap
Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry about the experience!

Based on the screenshot, I could see that there is something blocking your connection to Graphisoft license server at the system level, as the browser could not access to GraphisoftID website. When you open the hosts file, after making modification, did you save it by pressing Control + O?

Furthermore, is there any firewall/antivirus programs that may interfere with this connection? License Manager Tool has to communicate with the below services:
  • graphisoftid.graphisoft.com
  • graphisoftid-api.graphisoft.com
  • licensemanager.graphisoft.com
  • ruleservice-api.graphisoft.com
  • bimx-service.graphisoft.com
In case you control network communication by firewall/proxy etc., please make sure that License Manager Tool can communicate with the above hosts.

Please let me know if it helps!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

kovacslorinc
Participant

Hi I have the same problems, but I'm working on Windows 11.

How should I fix this?

Hi Minh, 

I have the same problem with my MacBook pro. Cannot login to graphisoft on any browser. 

I'm logging in from a different computer to access this chat group. 

I've done above and attached is a screen shot. 

I've done the following and I still can't access the logging page. 

Control + O to save the changes. Press Control + X to close the editor

Please help! Many thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-12-17 at 4.26.46 pm.png

Hi Minh, 

I have also turned off all firewall. 

Please help! Many thanks!

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question! If I understand correctly, at the moment you cannot access any of our website from any browser on the affected machine, is that correct?

If that's the case, could you please share with me a screenshot of the hosts file? On Windows, this file can be found under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc. Feel free to send it on a Private Message to me.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Happy New Year!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT