Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad and iPad Sidecar

4hotshoes
Advisor

I have been wanting a little more screen space. I had forgotten to try Sidecar for Apple Mac. My iPad has a whole new life now! I love the set up. I can open pallets that use to float in the way. The screen on top is 32" Samsung and the computer is my 2019 15" MacBook Pro.

IMG_8112.jpeg

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)
4 REPLIES 4

That is super awesome! Totally going to try this

mi_jan
Enthusiast

Been using my iPad as a second screen when working on the road for a couple of years now and it has been a game-changer. My favorite thing has been using my apple pencil in the full version of Photoshop, it has become the norm whenever I need to edit photos. 

I NEED a Pencil/sketch tool to sketch with my apple pencil over the layout/model space! I know there are markup features in BIMx but it's a shame that such a basic/essential feature is hidden behind a steep paywall, as a paid BIMcloud subscription just doesn't make any sense to a lot of smaller practices.

I'm sure a Sketch tool (the Architect's most basic way of communicating) will get a lot more use than the super fancy Structural Analytical Model that all of us use on a daily basis. (Being sarcastic in this last part)

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build

I have sketch tool that I use on my iPad called  Trace by Morpholio. Sketches can be imported to Archicad. There is some 3D integration. It is a pretty nice app that is used by many architects. Often I will create a basic layout or elevation in Archicad then sketch over in Trace. I also use Trace to mark up PDF's.

Todd Oeftger
AC27 Mac MacBook Pro 15", 2019, 2.3 GHz i9, 32GB, Radeon Pro 560X 4GB, 500GB SSD, 32" Samsung Display (2560x1440)

Yeah, Trace is pretty nice, I meant having a sketch tool inside of Archicad. 

iMac - MacOs Big Sur 11.6.6
Archicad 24 - Latest Build
Archicad 25 - Latest Build