Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad big project slows down, eventually crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, fellow archicad enthusiasts.

At the moment I am working on a big project that consists out of a building with 8 floors, different outer walls.

The problem lies within the heavy workload during shifting elements or adjusting walls, it slows down after adding more walls or picking up elements. From time to time the program even crashes. what is the best way to solve or bypass the enormous workload?

I will add my laptop specs and building aswell.

Building: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fsuf2i0iuz3rkfi/bataviahaven%20v2.5%20-%20DD1%20%20-%20MJ%20%26%20GM.pln?d...

Thanks in advanced and I'm sorry about my english, its my second language.
1 REPLY 1
rgarand
Booster
I am thinking this may be pushing your laptop's limitations. Even if it is a gaming type laptop with a good graphics card, I am not sure it can handle the larger projects.

I have nothing to back this up with as I am not a tech guy nor am I a computer whiz...just my experience over the years with multiple computer systems.

Edit.
After further exploration, I see your project is only 26 mb. Your computer should easily be able to handle this. You may want to look at some of your more complex objects. (these did NOT come through with your pln file on dropbox) Save as a pla to save all objects and other info next time 😉
Robert J. Garand
ArchiCAD USA 27-Build 5001 USA FULL
Windows 10 Prof (64 bit) - Intel i9-10920X CPU 3.50 GHz - 128 GB RAM - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 5000