Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad blurry (fuzzy/pixelated) lines and text

mmbrajohan
Booster
Hi guys.

I built a new PC, and I encountered a fuzzy line issue with my archicad display.

First I used a GTX1050 but I switched to a RTX 2070. The 1050 was definitely worse than the 2070, but the issue is still there.

I also have a 32" 1920x1080 screen. I though it might have been the screen's pixel density that caused the problem, but when I zoomed in and out, the fuzziness (pixilation) would remain the same size. When opening an exported PDF of the layout, everything seems crisp.

There is also some ghosting around the text.

I have tried setting custom settings in geforce control panel, but it doesn't work...

I almost feels as if archicad is running at lower resolution?

Any ideas on how to fix this?
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
mmbrajohan
Booster
Podolsky wrote:
I proposed to look into driver, because sometimes wrong driver can cause serios troubles with screen and performance. I had experience seeing one guy, who was working for several months (!!!) on wrong driver. It was bloody slow and annoying. I actually needed to yell on him a little bit, that he would open his eyes and read an article about drivers on Graphisoft web-site - and problem after been solved in 5 minutes.
So, my advice - first search information about video cards tested and recommended by Graphisoft.
Second - check is your video card in the list. Third try to figure out, is your driver is the same driver recommended by Graphisoft. Ley say maybe Graphisoft do not recommend to use latest but you need to install previous or something like that.
If all that research will not help you - then you need to put pressure to local technical support. Or. You can put pressure on local technical support (from where you bought ArchiCAD, if you actually do bought it) - and then they can do all article searches for you and all this numbers from one to three and you take day or two off to enjoy beautiful summer.
Thank you for the suggestion of the drivers.

I had the latest gaming driver installed, but I installed the latest Studio driver and everything seems to have sorted itself out!
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Podolsky
Ace
Maybe wrong driver? Did you read in GS help center recommendations about GPU?
Very often update to correct driver solves such problems.
Karl Ottenstein
mmbrajohan,

What version of ARCHICAD are you running?

In the geforce control panel is Vertical Sync turned off?

Do you have some antialiasing settings enabled either in the graphics card settings or in ARCHICAD 2D (Work Environment > User Pref Schemes > Advanced Redraw Options ?

Do you have Windows set to zoom or shrink content ... or is it set to display at 100% of actual display resolution?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
mmbrajohan
Booster
Podolsky wrote:
Maybe wrong driver? Did you read in GS help center recommendations about GPU?
Very often update to correct driver solves such problems.
I installed the latest Geforce Drivers... Should I look at other ones?
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
mmbrajohan
Booster
Karl wrote:
mmbrajohan,

What version of ARCHICAD are you running?

In the geforce control panel is Vertical Sync turned off?

Do you have some antialiasing settings enabled either in the graphics card settings or in ARCHICAD 2D (Work Environment > User Pref Schemes > Advanced Redraw Options ?

Do you have Windows set to zoom or shrink content ... or is it set to display at 100% of actual display resolution?
Hi Karl.

I am on AC23.

I have tried Vertical Sync On & Off. Same thing.

I have tried various AA settings in Control Panel and Archicad as well...

The zoom level is also set to 100%.

Archicad also makes a wierd blur thing when I let my mouse hover over elements.
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
Podolsky
Ace
I proposed to look into driver, because sometimes wrong driver can cause serios troubles with screen and performance. I had experience seeing one guy, who was working for several months (!!!) on wrong driver. It was bloody slow and annoying. I actually needed to yell on him a little bit, that he would open his eyes and read an article about drivers on Graphisoft web-site - and problem after been solved in 5 minutes.
So, my advice - first search information about video cards tested and recommended by Graphisoft.
Second - check is your video card in the list. Third try to figure out, is your driver is the same driver recommended by Graphisoft. Ley say maybe Graphisoft do not recommend to use latest but you need to install previous or something like that.
If all that research will not help you - then you need to put pressure to local technical support. Or. You can put pressure on local technical support (from where you bought ArchiCAD, if you actually do bought it) - and then they can do all article searches for you and all this numbers from one to three and you take day or two off to enjoy beautiful summer.
runxel
Legend
Looks like you have disabled anti-aliasing.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
mmbrajohan
Booster
Podolsky wrote:
I couldn't find any articles relating to the drivers needed for the card in relation archicad...

I will try an older version and see if it works and maybe contact support if need be.

Please don't yell at your employees... Poor guys are just there working all day for you.
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
mmbrajohan
Booster
runxel wrote:
It is not disabled. I have various settings from on to 8x etc...
AC 23

Ryzen 5 3600

32GB 2400MHz RAM

NVidia RTX 2070 Super

512GB NVME
runxel
Legend
mmbrajohan wrote:
runxel wrote:
It is not disabled. I have various settings from on to 8x etc...
I mean in Archicad, not in the driver.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»