Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad crashes on macOS 12.3 when closing a tab with the Tab Bar

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

UPDATED: the fix for this issue is part of Archicad 25 Update 5010 and a special hotfix Archicad 24 Update 7009, which was released for Archicad 24 and Archicad 24 Solo.

Dear All,

We have been notified about a new issue with Archicad on the latest update (12.3) for macOS Monterey.

Issue: Archicad crashes if users close a tab using the X icon, or hover the mouse over this icon. The issue happens on Archicad 24 and Archicad 25 (please refer to it as DEF-8186).

For those who have already installed macOS 12.3 update, here are some workarounds to avoid the crash:

1. Hide the Tab Bar by opening Windows menu > Hide Tab Bar, then navigate using the Navigator or Organizer.
  2. Without hiding the Tab Bar, we can cycle between the tabs using Ctrl + Tab hotkey (or via the Windows menu). To close the current tab, use Cmd + W hotkey. To close all other tabs, open the Windows menu and select Close All Other Tabs and Windows.

The fix for this issue is part of Archicad 24 Update 7009 and Archicad 25 Update 5010.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

42 REPLIES 42

Martin, 

Have you updated the MacOS to 12.3.1?

Joel

AC 6.5-26; macOS Ventura; 2019 MacBook Pro 2.4gHz, i9

Yes I only updated to 12.3.1 this week, which is when my problems started. Was hopeful that 5010 would resolve the issue but as soon as I opened a file I went to close a tab to “test” it and it crashed

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019)
2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Mac OS 12.3.1

AC25 5011
TwinMotion 6.0.2021.1

Hi Martin,

I'm very sorry to hear that! We have tested the issue in-house, and so far even after we released the hotfix, we haven't got any report about any similar crash after update 5010.

Could you please let me know the bug ID generated by the Graphisoft Bug Reporter after Archicad crashes for a quick check?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Hello 

Is there an update on when the hotfix will be released for the solo versions of 24 & 25? 

Thanks.

is there a deadline to release updates 5005 and 5010 for Archicad in spanish.

It's been months since the first one was released and we Spanish mac users are eagerly awaiting the update to fix the problems with Monterey

Apple MacStudio M2max, Archicad 27 Spanish

Hello,

Thank you for the question!

Both hotfixes for Archicad 24 & 25 UKI Solo has been released. I'm wondering if you have received them?

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you for the question!

The hotfix for Archicad 25 Solo SPA (5011) has just been released today. According to the schedule, the hotfix for Archicad 25 Full SPA will arrive next week.

Thank you very much for your patience!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Both work as fast or faster than my previous Intel.

32 should be enough but even with 64 I get some memory swap, though I usually have multiple AC versions running.

No issues so far.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I notice no speed differences between my 2019 iMac and 2021 M1 Max MBPro. To me it should be noticeably faster... like other MacTel app running in Rosetta 2. But in general, Archicad has latent clicks. Even half a second is noticeable and too slow. Hoping their native version is blazing!

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
smohsin
Participant

There is a known issue with Archicad on macOS 12.3 where it crashes when closing a tab with the Tab Bar. The workaround is to close the tabs one at a time from the bottom up.