Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad crashes when a surface texture fill in elevation is published/saved as pdf

mendezarcediego
Booster

AC25-2021-09-23-21-14-28-9432

Archicad crashes when a surface texture fill in elevation is published/saved as pdf. I have replicated the error on 2 different MAC machines. On mine the eGPU was disconnected at all times. Whenever the surface texture fill is activated on the elevation settings and the layout is published or saved as a pdf Archicad immediately crashes.

Files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p7t7u2mb9p0oesf/AACdd-zLRxCiAUXGsdULLRyFa?dl=0 

AC26–5002 INT FULL/ Win 11 Pro 22621.1992 / Intel i9-13900KF 24C (8P-16E) 3.00 - 5.80 GHz / 64 GB 5600 MHz DDR5 / Nvidia RTX A4500 20GB, Dual 2560x1440.
5 REPLIES 5
Vinicius Guedes
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello @mendezarcediego 

Checking our tech support tickets, I found that answer to your bug report:

Thanks for the report and I'm sorry to hear about the issue.

This is a known bug DEF-5682, which we will fix in the second update of AC 25.

Unfortunately, there is no workaround, so I asked the devs how to avoid the issue and what tips they can share about this problem.

-don't delete surfaces before publishing

-if the client did that then replace the ones they deleted

-if they use "Paint - ..." surface then set another one with texture instead.

Copy and pasting model content to a new file might help, but then of course they will lose the content of the Layout Book.

I'm sorry that I could not help more. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

mendezarcediego
Booster

Thanks for the reply, I guess we have to wait for the update. I found out that if the elements are covered by something such as fill with that same surface texture it won't crash, of course this not an efficient workaround at all, and it goes against an efficient use of the software.

AC26–5002 INT FULL/ Win 11 Pro 22621.1992 / Intel i9-13900KF 24C (8P-16E) 3.00 - 5.80 GHz / 64 GB 5600 MHz DDR5 / Nvidia RTX A4500 20GB, Dual 2560x1440.

Hello.

I'm having a similar- but slightly different problem.  I have set up sections to show Surface fills.  This looks great and provides graphic clarity on a complicated building with multiple sections needed to describe it.  However, when I print the sheets with these views on them, they print to PDF, but the PDFs are corrupted and won't print. (2 of the 8 sheets won't open at all, and 6 of the 8 will open and view properly in the PDF, but are not able to be printed from the PDF. 

Is this a result of the same bug?  Do we have any idea when it will be fixed?

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for the question!

Based on the description, I don't think your issues are relevant to the defect in this case. I suggest contacting your local support for further investigation as it could be hardware-related - in case of printing from PDF to paper.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Hi Vincius,

Did this bug ever get resolved?

I still seem to have trouble publishing elevations.