Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad default to open with Adobe

Anonymous
Not applicable
I keep trying to change what program opens my .pln files to Archicad but i am not able to.

I am using windows and once i browse to where I can change the program that opens it to Archicad I can pick archicad and i can tell it to "open" and then that's it.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd try going into the Adobe program first and seeing if you can de-select .pln from the list of adobe recognised file extensions. This would usually be in options or preferences or something.

If this doesn't work, in Windows right click on any .pln file and select 'Opens with' > 'Choose Program' then select 'ArchiCAD' from the list. Select the 'Aways use selected program to open' checkbox to make this permanent.

It is often recommended that you always open ArchiCAD first, then select the file to be opened using the dialog box or the recently used list. I'd agree with that, and it's the method I use, but it's entirely up to you!

Hope you get it sorted!
owen
Newcomer
I think i can remember this happening way back (think it was a PC and AC10 but cannot be sure about the former as i had both).

I would try Peters suggestions first, but if that doesn't work then something drastic ..

Try reinstalling ArchiCAD - fairly sure this is what fixed my problem, maybe something about the installation process registering certain file types with the OS. Its all a very long time ago so excuse being a bit vague but i can remember searching for all sorts of causes and solutions (without luck) and then figured a reinstall was quicker than looking around anymore.

cheers,

owen
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jesikuh,

I just had this problem myself. The only solution that I found(with some help) was by editing the registry.

Doug