Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad deploiement / Silent install

patrickbernard
Participant

Hello,

From Archicad 22 it's possible to deploy Archicad and its updates silently. The command for macOS is : Archicad 22/Installer.app/Contents/MacOS/installbuilder.sh --mode unattended

The installbuilder.sh script has not been adapted. It only takes into account the x86_64 architecture and not the arm architecture (Apple M1). So it is not possible to deploy silently on M1 processors. Can we expect an update of this script ?

5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Archicad 25 does not yet support Apple M1 processors natively:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/ARM-Mac-support/ta-p/304108

A quote from the above article:

"GRAPHISOFT solutions are compatible with the new hardware via Apple’s Rosetta 
translation environment today ... According to our plans, a full commercial release
of Archicad natively running on the ARM architecture is to be expected in 2022."
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Thank you Laszlo for the answer but ...

The problem is not the support of arm plateform. Rosetta 2 does the job perfectly.
But the script in the installation package only tests the x86_64 platform. But if the platform is arm the $executable variable is equal to "none" and the silent installation won't run. On the other hand, it is done if the script is not used, that is if you run it manually.

I have many workstations to deploy...

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Does it return a correct value for Intel-based Macs?

If it does, then it is working correctly for anything that is not ARM Mac.

I assume that full native support for ARM Mac will mean that silent install will also work on the platform as it is supposed to. I guess the installation packages have not been updated to support the platform either. I hope you see my point.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Yes, it works perfectly on Intel Macs.
An adaptation of the script would allow the installation to work on Apple M1. This is what I did for my own account (and it works) but it's DIY.

patrickbernard
Participant

Thank you to correct the script on Archicad 25 and Archicad 25 update !

But why didn't you fix it on the Archicad 24 7000 update?