Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad neither fully installed nor fully uninstalled

RafaelMA
Booster

I just re-installed Windows 10 in my machine and then proceeded to install Archicad. However things were far from smooth.

For some reason the application showed an error right at the end of the installation process (I cannot remember what message was showed), and so Archicad did not install completely. However, I also cannot uninstall it, because it does not show in the list of installed software.

I tried repairing it, also to no avail. The following error appears right at the end of the process ( I translated the message from Portuguese, so it might not be exactly the same in English):

"Error. Error while installing C:/Program Files//Uninstall.AC/Uninstall.dat. The application will now terminate."

I have no idea of what to do.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RafaelMA
Booster

Yes, there is plenty of space. I cannot run Archicad because the shortcut does not work.

I managed to solve it with a manual solution: I deleted all the files I could find and reinstalled it. Apparently it worked fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

That error sounds like it is just the uninstall data that has not saved.

That would explain why it does not show in the list of installed software.

Have you tried to run Archicad anyway?

Maybe the uninstall data is not critical, unless it still had more Archicad to install after that message.

Is there plenty of space free space on your hard drive?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Solution
RafaelMA
Booster

Yes, there is plenty of space. I cannot run Archicad because the shortcut does not work.

I managed to solve it with a manual solution: I deleted all the files I could find and reinstalled it. Apparently it worked fine.

I am glad you found the solution.

Thanks for letting us know.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11