BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad not responding on when started

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings everyone!

I've been using Archicad 14 for quite some time now on my PC, which has Windows XP, 32bit and I didn't expirience any problems whatsoever.

Recently I got a new notebook, which had Windows 7 preinstalled and as I installed Archicad 14, it just simply didn't want to start. Program started and before it fully opened ("Archicad 14" banner was still in the midle, the window was gray..) it just freezed and as I clicked anywhere, it just said "Not Responding" and then I get "Wait for it to respond" or "Close the program".

I tried to reinstall 5 times, restart computer, install Archicad 13, delete everything about Archicad from registry and reinstall again,... but nothing worked. I'm getting desperate and I hope anyone can help me solve this problem. :S

Thanks in advance!

Regards.
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check this page about ArchiCAD 14 install problems:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD14/InstallProblems
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello.
I checked the webpage you posted, but can't find a solution for my problem. Also I don't think there's a problem with an installation, as I don't expirience any problems when installing, but when I try to run the program for the first time after the install. :S
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
3 questions:

1. Is the hardware key plugged into your computer?
2. Does the little grey box come up which tells you what type of licence you have and which you need to click to continue?
3. What is the exact model of your laptop?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. I am using the student version of archicad.
2. Gray box does come up, as it was not verified yet for 1 year, but I have days of usage remaining, so I click "Start now" and it freezes.
3. My laptop is Asus G73SW-TZ060V.

(4.) After 3 days of trying, strugling to figure out the problem, going through all of it again, almalst giving up... I finaly made it. I checked if I had java and Quick Time 2-3 times before, but I tried to open Quick Time and i recieved some kind of an error. So I launched Apple update program and updated Quick Time to latest version and ran it to make sure it's working. Also I updated java as much as I could.
And when I did that, the program didn't respond at first again, but in about 20 secs it finally started.
I can't believe taht i threw away 3 afternoons of my time, but I guess it was worth it as now I can continue my work on the new computer.

Anyhow thank you very much laszlonagy, for trying to help me with solving this problem.

Regards
Learn and get certified!