Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad "loses" the dongles

Djordje
Ace

Hi guys!

We have an issue with our network dongles...

They are on a separate machine, that also hosts our BIMcloud Basic. From a few days ago, without any obvious change, except the BIMcloud update, the other machines that pull the licenses from these dongles cannot "see" them any more.

While the networking investigation is ongoing, we have moved the dongles to other machines and reassigned which machine pulls which license, so we can work. But... we like our dongles on the original machine, and not floating around the office...

Ideas, advice, support article links, etc, are appreciated. The dongles are staying, so do not mention soft licenses... not an option 🙂 And if anyone knows whom us poor forgotten users from the Middle East can contact for technical support, that answer would be highly appreciated!

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
10 REPLIES 10
DGSketcher
Legend

@Djordje Still no response!!! Someone at GSHQ needs a bit of motivation. This is awful customer service. Ok, no local office, but someone should still get in contact to help.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Erwin Edel
Rockstar

We had some issues with codemeter not starting up automatically if our server had a reboot due to software updates somewhere outside business hours.

This seems to have 'resolved itself' (probably some update from either codemeter or windows server software triggered this), but for a while whoever booted up first in the morning would notice AC 'grabbing' our one downloadable license and that would clue us in, that once again the network license failed to boot up after a server reboot.

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Thanks, Erwin.

We had some "self resolving" issues before, but this one is really stubborn... the auto updates are sometimes a curse more than a blessing.

Sorting out the storage space and the network now, so we shall see...

Djordje

HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Djordje, if you go to this page, which contact information does it give you?:

https://graphisoft.com/contact-us/get-in-touch

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Hi Laci

BIMES closed down in October 2021.

Djordje

HP Omen
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I see. So, the above page gives you the contact information of BIMES? For me, the page gives info about all Hungarian resellers, so I assume its content changes depending on where you are in the world.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

It shows the Dutch reseller for me, so your assumption would be correct. 🙂

Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5

Correct.

Djordje

HP Omen
Benjamin Dani
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Djordje, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue!

Let me contact you in a private message on this.

Kind regards,

Dani Benjamin
Technical Support Engineer