Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad starter.exe issue

georgem86
Participant

Hello guys,

Im getting an issue when starting the program. It opens normally but when i press on new or browse it takes about 5-10 minutes for it to load (cursor show loading) and in the task manager it shows that the Archicad starter.exe is not responding. After the 10 minutes it works fine.

Please advise me if someone knows or has had similar issues with this.

Im using an Archicad 25 trial version on windows 11 (updated fully drivers etc)

4 REPLIES 4
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the question and I am very sorry for the experience!

After starting Archicad, could you please open Task Manager and see if a process called curl.exe can be found from the Details tab of Task Manager? If yes, if you force quit this process, will Archicad load faster?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Happy New Year!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

georgem86
Participant

no such process 🙂 

Hello,

Thank you very much for the information!

Generally, freezes when starting Archicad can happen due to 2 common issues: licensing or graphics driver.

1. If this is licensing-related, it might be that something on the system level blocks Archicad to reach the license. If you have any antivirus/firewall applications, make sure to add an exception for Archicad.

2. If this does not help, probably it comes from your graphics drivers. Make sure to have the latest ones installed for your dedicated GPU and also the Integrated card (Intel in this case). The drivers are available on the vendor website. For Intel, here is the link: Intel® Graphics – Windows* DCH Drivers

Let me know if it helps with the issue!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

DavorP
Enthusiast

Having a similar problem. If I already have multiple instances of Archicad 25 running, Archicad starter sometimes hangs (process not responding). Once I kill it in task manager, the same new instance launches fine. Doesn't happen consistently but when it does happen it is always when there are already ~5 or more running.
I have reported this to GS, but they are asking me to do too many things to record the behaviour. I don't have time unfortunately, but it would be good if this could be looked into.

BIM manager