BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad will not start up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have Quicktime Pro (version 7.6.9) installed, and tried the student version of Archicad 64 on my 64bit Windows 7 Pro system. When I try to start Archicad it failed with a message:

"Problem: QuickTime is outdated or missing.

ArchiCAD requires QuickTime 7.0 or later, image compressors,
decompressors, and required GSQtCom.
Make sure you have QuickTime installed with the "Recommended"
option chosen at installation and not with the minimal option selected.
Uninstall QT then reinstall it with the recommended option selected.
You must also run the GSQtcom.exe to register it."

It took a awhile to find but I found and ran
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Graphisoft Shared\GSQtCom\14.0.1\GSOtCom.exe. ARCHICAD FAILED AGAIN with the same error!
I uninstalled Archicad 64 downloaded Archicad32 Same error message.
I uninstalled Quicktime 7.6.9 (the latest version) Downloaded the latest and greatest version (same) from Apple.com. Installed it without error. (standard install)
Archicad gave the same start fail error........ran GSOtCom.exe Still FAIL!

Does anybody have any ideas?
is this a ported apple program that has issues with windows?
10 REPLIES 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Check the following article:

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD14/InstallProblems#A.22Quicktime_is_outdated_or_missing.22_error...

You may have to do all three Solution for it to work.
I had this problem one time and only after Solution 3 did it start working.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried all your suggestions, the second one (run "GSQtComInstaller.exe" wiped out my 32bit install of ArchiCAD (nothing remained in the program directory) I reinstalled the 64bit version re ran "GSQtComInstaller.exe" and ran vcredist_x64.exe. still no luck.
Installing software should not be this hard. ArchiCAD has failed me.
Thanks for your effort
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
But the article says if you have 64-bit AC, you need to install
both "vcredist_x64.exe" and "vcredist_x86.exe" on 64-bit Windows.
Did you install all that and it still does not work?
You may also try to restart the system (just to be on the safe side), although that might not be needed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think I have tried all combinations. I started with Archicad 64 since I have a 64 bit system, when that didn't work I uninstalled it and tried Archicad 32, when that didn't work I posted my problem in this forum, you responded and I tried your fix list on Archicad 32 (since it was installed) as mentioned previously one of the steps erased the Archicad32 system files in c:\Programs(86) directory. I reinstalled Archicad64 applied your fixes still no luck. Archicad 64 still does not recognize Quicktime Pro, which I have had installed for many years and kept updated.
I am not a nubie with computers, I have been building them since 1976 and subscribe to Microsoft Technet and have installed Windows 7 over over 2 dozen times. I have never had this much problem (nor patience) installing software.
I hope Graphisoft can improve the installation process so if the install fails it can do better than an incorrect cryptic error message.
I am intrigued as to why I have having this problem. Others have got Archicad to install and operate normally but there seems to be some conflict on my system, that Archicad does not like. I may have to try it on another system, when I can find the time & the system.
Does Archicad work on a virtual machine?
Anonymous
Not applicable
did you try disabling the firewall and/or virusscanner. They are known to interfere with installation,

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not tried to disable the firewall nor the virus scatter. I am using standard Microsoft firewall & security essentials. Neither one of them indicated blocking any install or operation. It still complains about iTunes being out of date or not properly installed.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am out of ideas.
Anonymous
Not applicable
that is a coincidence. Just today I had somebody with the same symptom: the iTunes reported a problem. We uninstalled iTunes and QuickTime via the configuration menu from Windows. Then we reinstalled QuickTime from the original DVD (or download the latest version). When this was done AC simply started.

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK, I tried another computer (64bit Win 7 Professional) and it worked the first time. FYI, after the install it asked if I wanted an icon on the desktop, I left that checked, but after the install there was no desktop icon.? This was the same behavior on my 1st machine...??? So I decided to re boot even though the install did not require nor ask. After it came back up I started Archicad and it worked... ??? as advertised.. I have no idea why it would not work on the other machine. I assume it was some software conflict somewhere,

but it works now, I just have to change machines to use it.

Thanks for all your assistance.
Learn and get certified!