Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archiplus

2raarchitecture
Booster

I have just being informed I have a subscription for Archicad plus. After just being about finish paying 8k for the license. They say i have to p[ay $800 more! or else i will have to pay 2k for the next release. (Thank you for not holding a gun to my head) Please, I wonder honestly if I can get some feedback about getting this or not. I rather safe 1.2k and I really have no choice. I hate scams! I guess this is what i get for not wanting to pirate the program and work without a license!

Alternatively, can you please advise on the best way to make the most out of this?

2RA Building Workshop
www.2rabldgworkshop.com

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz. 16.0 GB. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU.
ArchiCAD 25. 5002 USA Full
13 REPLIES 13

You're very welcome! 

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

I'm more concerned about your statement "I think it's excessive as designers are not paid fairly anyway." This sounds more like you need business advice rather than Archiplus advice. Can you raise your prices by 5% to cover the software costs? Can you take on one small project to pay for your primary tool? If you bill hourly, can you move to fixed pricing for portions of the work? (I hate working hourly. As I get more and more efficient with Archicad, I lose more and more money unless I raise my hourly price.) Can you use remote drafting with a markup?

It is true that some version upgrades are more valuable than others. There is usually one or two features per upgrade, though, that save enough time to pay for the upgrade. (But again, not if you bill hourly.) But you won't know which those are in advance. Overall, I think you are better off with Archiplus, but you need to have the "big picture" to feel okay about it.

Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10

Richard, 

Thank you kindly for your advice. I really appreciate it. I currently work for a general contractor who pays me a third of my hourly rate. Last week a former colleague recommended me to a local architect who is willing to pay a fair hourly rate to help him with work, yet the general contractor expects me to be at his office 40 hours a week and working remotely he will pay me even less. i am hoping to transition to working with that architect more. Thus, I can use remote work hope I can provide more insight in addition to taking care of mark-ups. I may have a small project i will be looking at this Monday, and that will help. I just thought i had finished paying for the permanent license  software and I see now there is more. 

2RA Building Workshop
www.2rabldgworkshop.com

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H @ 2.30GHz. 16.0 GB. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU.

If you allow me, I am also leading something called #nofreedesginmovement, and we are trying to bring awareness for people not being paid fairly (as I am at the mercy of this contractor). We have been posting a good amount of content on LinkedIn. This is a worldwide movement started by a gentleman in Malaysia. There are 20 countries so far. 

2RA Building Workshop
www.2rabldgworkshop.com