Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archit terra contour line modification

Tom Krowka
Booster
I can not modify contour lines. I have used a polyline to trace a contour. Then I make it a contour line by selecting the line, then clicking the contour line button on the Architerra palette. Makes a contour line, no problem. It appears to automatically group the line.

If I click on the contour line, then select one of the highlighted buttons, i get a palette that will only let me move, rotate, mirror or copy the entire contour line, not an individual line.

I have the 2.05 update. Am I doing something wrong in the process? Do I have to make it terrain before I can modify it?

All the architerra layers are on.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
1 REPLY 1
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Tom,

the ArchiTerra contour lines are a grouped set of hotspots (points) and lines (constraints).
To change the contour line level: select the contour lines (the set is grouped so wherever you click ArchiCAD automatically select anything) and click on the point tool icon.
In the appearing dialog type the new level and confirm the setting by clicking the OK button: the contour line is immediately updated following your settings.

To modify the shape: suspend the group and drag the hotspots/points (pay attention: not the lines but the points!!!) in the new position, the connected lines/constraints will be automatically update in order to follow your modification.

That’s all.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!