Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Architerra contour adjustment

Tom Krowka
Booster
I've got a site plan done in Architerra, with roads, painted areas, terrain, basin, the whole works. The engineer wants to adjust a couple of contours.

I can adjust the contour lines fine, but how do I adjust the terrain mesh to match the contour lines? Is there some way to adjust the contour line and the terrain will automatically follow?

Do I have to recalculate the whole thing? And if I do that, won't I lose all the roads, etc?

Thanks.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
4 REPLIES 4
Tom Krowka
Booster
Plus the contour lines and mesh are on the same layer. If I change the contour lines to a different layer and turn them off, the mesh disappears also.

It hard to work with when the contour lines and mesh lines are right on top of each other.

What's the best way to work with the contours and mesh?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
Additional question........What is the relationship between the new contour lines and the mesh. It appears the new terrain is generated from the new contour lines. However, if you modify the location of the contour lines after the terrain is generated, it does not effect the new terrain. Is that correct?

The new terrain has to be adjusted as a mesh separately.

And.......every time I click on a contour node, I get a different pallette. How do I get the pallette that lets me move the node horizontally along the contour line (change the placement of the contour along the ground)
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
I keep getting a two button palette that will only let me drag the whole contour line, or multiply it. It is because the terrain is already generated?

Do I have to delete the contour line and draw a new one to reflect changes made in the plan?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my experience, once the mesh is generated, it seems to be it's own entity. Personally, I think this is one area where architerra is lacking, (although I have a email in w/ fabrizio to check this issue out further)
If changes need to be made to the contours I believe you will need to create a new mesh. I have never used the paint mesh tool from AT. I have found it much better to make a copy of the final mesh, trim it to the desired areas for roads/hardscape/......, then make another copy of that, and lower it 5" or what ever the thickness of your paving, and boolean it out. having a modelled road, rather than a painted on, saves you the trouble of repainting. Also, it shows much better in section, and is much easier to work out with the contours than slabs or roofs can ever do. until a feature is added to the mesh tool which would allow a controlled thickness, (I need to add that to the wish list)