Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Asus Zenbook PRO DUO

Anonymous
Not applicable
anyone using a Asus Zenbook PRO DUO ?
would be interesting placing all your tools on the second display

vs a 17inch laptop
6 REPLIES 6
Hello vortextheory,

I work one a MacBook pro with a toolbar, which it is not useful to me because my left hand is use to other physical button shortcuts. I'm tried but after 2 years I always do with physical button shortcuts cause if you use a touch screen you don't have the certainty of pressing in the right place except to constantly look at your keyboard without a physical key. My eyes stay on my screen. My fingers are running on the physical keyboard because it's the most comfortable way to be productive.

Finally it is good to note that Apple has removed two touch screen buttons and replaced two physical buttons on its latest model of MacBook Pro 16 ". Also the keys of the latest MAcBook Pro are thicker and easy to feel under the fingers.

Touch screens integrated into keyboards are fashionable devices but which are not essential, or even counterproductive in many cases.

I hope I am wrong on this subject. Hope to learn more about this subject in the following messages.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
With the duo, the second screen is like 2-4 inches tall. Allowing you to place all your toolbars and pallets on the second screen, freeing up the entire top screen for plan and model.

As for MacBook pros, I'd love to get a MacBook Pro and a Mac Pro, but apples ridiculous battle against NVIDIA, makes it a no go.
Lingwisyer
Guru
As a desktop replacement, I feel like you may as well get larger secondary monitors...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Lingwisyer wrote:
As a desktop replacement, I feel like you may as well get larger secondary monitors...
You're absolutely right about a much more useful and practical secondary screen.
vortextheory wrote:
As for MacBook pros, I'd love to get a MacBook Pro and a Mac Pro, but apples ridiculous battle against NVIDIA, makes it a no go.
I asked the question of the relevance of non-physical keys, and this, taking the example of the macbook pro and its touch bar. The subject is therefore not at all Apple or Nvidia (?) But to have a secondary touch screen to position particular functions.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
True I agree, we still need physical keys.
I can't draw without my mouse with programmable macros.

Apologies for going off tangent.
Nader Belal
Mentor
@vortextheory

This laptop looks cool.

Look, lately when ever I find myself with the dilemma of buying any new electronic/IT product I value it through a three point criteria test:
1. If that product is indispensable as a tool or not for me and for the tasks I will assign it to?
2. How much I will gain from buy that product ? (time, money, mobility, ... etc)
3. How much I would lose if I didn't buy it infront how much I will gain if I bought it?

And believe me that criteria is hard, cause you will have to be truthful with yourself.

Options,
I don't know if you are aware or not, but I think that this week, portable USB powered 17" screen have been available to purchase, don't remember where.

And if you want the most complete and comprehensive site for testing laptops, I advise yo with this
https://www.notebookcheck.net/

Just see the reviews that is done by Notebookcheck
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.